[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
COMPUTER HELL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: i wish to die.gif (1 MB, 524x276) Image search: [Google]
i wish to die.gif
1 MB, 524x276
My computer shut off and when it turned itself back on, it had the message:
"Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"
I've tried restarting it, however it resulted in no changes. I attempted to reinstall windows, only to find out it is only seeing my HDD instead of both my HDD and SDD. My SDD is the location of Windows.
I opened up my computer and tried to switch the SATA cables of my HDD and SDD, but that simply made neither seen. I tried to go into my BIOS and fix it, but I don't know what I must change.

Help?
>>
Check out the boot priority in the bios to make sure your OS drive is present.
>>
your ssd might be dead. put the ssd in another computer. if it doesn't show at all it's most likely fucked.
>>
Alright the SSD is dead. Went out and bought a SATA cable from BB but to no avail. Tried it on another computer too.

I've decided to install windows on my HDD however I've run into another problem.
I need to reformat my HDD from GPT to another type compatible with windows.
How do I do that?
>>
>>81557

Just run the windows installation andbl format the drive. Windows will happily nuke whatever is on there it doesn't like.
>>
>>81557
GPT is compatible with Windows, if you use a Windows that's not from the fucking stone age.
>>
File: .jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>81634
>>81640
>>
>>81719

Dude, delete both partitions, then select the only available area
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.