[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Having issues with FPS drops after more than a couple of hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: harold.jpg (968 KB, 5054x3370) Image search: [Google]
harold.jpg
968 KB, 5054x3370
Having issues with FPS drops after more than a couple of hours of gaming. Pretty sure it's the GPU/CPU overheating but I don't know what to do about it as I'm bad at computer.

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3.50GHz 65 °C

3072MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 75 °C

Can post more specs if needs be.

I run most things at 60fps but it slows down to 20-30 fps after a few hours.

Any help making it cooler would be appreciated
>>
Usually when cpu overheats the pc shuts down. What is the max temperature that your cpu reaches?

So when you restart the game without restarting the pc does it work correctly?
>>
>>80612
what's the fan situation? what kind of heatsink?
>>
>>80620
I've never had it shutdown the whole PC, but the issue is that something is slowing down the computer when I use it for a while and I think it's the CPU that's causing it
>>80623
You'll have to forgive me because I'm not great with describing the stuff I've got. There's an inbuilt fan on the GPU and CPU, and two fans over the motherboard and back of the PC itself.
>>
>>80627

It woukdn't take two hours to heat up. It woukd take like a minute or less than that. Im thinkin it's am issue with the game, video drivers or some other glitch.
>>
>>80629
It happens no matter what I'm playing. Overwatch, Stardew Valley, Dota 2, GTA V or XCOM 2. It will always happen.
>>
>>80637

Have you updated video card drivers? I suppose it could be your video card overheating. What are your fans spinning at? Get faster ones and dust the pc inside out.
>>
>>80640

You could also get a thir party fan for your videocard if one is available.
>>
>>80640
Already got the updated drivers.

How would I tell what my fans are spinning at?
I dusted my PC out about a week ago.
>>
>>80646
My bios tells me and i could install motherboard software also to show me.
>>
you can run speccy and it should show you the temps of the different components

https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download/standard
>>
>>80612

If it only happens after a few hours it might be memory leak, which basically means the PC won't free up RAM that's not needed any more. The immediate fix is to reboot, though there's things you can do.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/is-a-memory-leak-is-causing-pc-slow-down.html
>>
>>80612
can you post a picture of your setup?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.