[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
noko
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: alienware-m11x-r2.jpg (59 KB, 680x391) Image search: [Google]
alienware-m11x-r2.jpg
59 KB, 680x391
HELP GUYS!

I just got an alienware m11x R1 and it has 2GB of ram (2x1GB)

i want to upgrade to 8GB but the one I put in (8GB kingston RAM) it got rejected.

the IT guys in my city said 4GB is the max but I would really want some advice from you guys.

I want to get these to test;
http://www.newegg.com/global/nl/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231342

is it possible to upgrade the alienware m11x R1 to 8GB of RAM oand if so could the G.SKILL ones do the trick?

thx!
>>
http://www.pcworld.com/product/374804/m11x.html
and everywhere else says it should have 4 GB of ram. How do you know it only maxes out at 4?
>>
>>79541

I went to an IT store to put in the 2x8GB and it didnt take.

They said either i should update the BIOS or it doesnt go higher than 4GB.

The BIOS is totally up to date so I just assumed it should be that it doesnt go higher than 4GB.

I want to put in 8GB so any technical support is helpfull.
>>
>>79556

What motherboard model does it have?
>>
>>79558

How do i find out what kind of motherboard it has?

Ive been looking everywhere and all i can find is this;

1.3 core 2 duo
And SU4100
>>
>>79560

Download Speccy and run it Where it says motherboard should say the model.
>>
Don't 32 bit OS have 4gb max? Not sure if you're gonna have problems even after you fix your hardware issue
>>
>>79580

If I'm not mistaken his SU4100 cpu is 64-bit, so there is nothing limiting him to a 32-bit OS.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.