[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ipod touch activation lock ios 8.2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: ktdWGmP.jpg (34 KB, 750x350) Image search: [Google]
ktdWGmP.jpg
34 KB, 750x350
The other day i bought a used ipod touch 5th gen 32 gb on craigslist to replace my ipod nano 4 gen thinking i could just wipe it but apparently apple has made that hard to do so. unless i can figure out something its going to be a high tech paperweight. fortunately it is still on ios 8.2. i was wondering if there are any exploits to get past the lock screen or better yet disable activation lock for that firmware version. Hard to find any good info with so many scam and fake sites out there so i figured i would ask the infamous hacker known as 4chan for advice. thanks
>>
>>76247
Surely, Jamal, you can just get back in touch with the seller, who (having sold his own property to you in good faith) would be delighted to enter his password (which he, being the legitimate owner, surely knows) and turn off the iCloud lock.
>>
I bought it knowing it was password locked. the person i bought it from said he had bought it off someone else and and later it locked up on him. he seemed pretty pissed about it to. i had before i bought it looked up resetting ipod touches and whatever i searched this was the first result https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306 and it does not mention anything about this activation lock shenanigans. so i thought the person was just not very tech savvy. i noticed after i bought it that the article mention the process would update my device so i decided to see if there was a way without so that i could jailbreak the ipod as i do with most of my devices. it was only then that realized i was screwed and a cant really return it because they were not dishonest with me as far as i know so i dont think it would be fair to even ask. not to mention its not like they have to answer my emails let alone obliged to take it back. i honestly dont think i would if i were them. i really did not know about any of this activation lock stuff nor did i steal it. the last idevice i purchased was a the ipod nano i mentioned earlier and i reset in a similar manner so i figured it would work like that as well. Previously i had also reset a cheap android i had bought. honestly i thought hard factory resets were a stranded feature for most electronics and i legitimately did not know about this crap. i would really like some help if any ones got any. if i committed a crime it was that of being naive. https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/ does not allow any posts on the topic so i came here. even if someone could point me to a better spot to ask i would be extremely grateful. thanks for reading my spiel.
>>
>>76452
>I bought it knowing it was password locked. the person i bought it from said he had bought it off someone else and and later it locked up on him
lel
>>
>>76247
>>76452
>wants 4chan to unlock ios8.2 when even the FBI or apple can't unlock it.
You are just boned. That is what you get for buying stolen goods/goods you know are locked down. If you brought it that is.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.