[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How am I supposed to get to the advanced startup options if I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 536x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 536x267
How am I supposed to get to the advanced startup options if I'm stuck in this loop?
>>
Have you tried safe booting?
>>
Can't boot in safe mode unless you can boot normally?
>>
get to that screen threw times in a row
>>
>>7116
I'm sorry to have to break this to you, OP, but you're pretty screwed. The only option that I can suggest is using your OS install disc to reinstall your operating system.

I got a similar error a couple weeks ago and I didn't have an install disk for my OS, so my computer has been pretty much a brick from then on.
>>
>>7116
you can try installing a linux distro
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>7116
mash the F keys when bios comes up until something happens, usually it is f8 or f10.
>>
>>7887
it can also sometimes be DEL or ESC
>>
use an OS that isn't complete shit
>>
>>7116
stop touching yourself at night
>>
>>7887
>>8132
They disabled this in Windown 8-10 because the text screen that waited for the keypress looked "old and dossy" and slowed the boot down by a single second.

I used Win10 for a few days and it was a nightmare getting around this when an update broke. There aren't many guides or furum entries either since Win10 isn't popular enough to have veteran users that know the ins and outs.
>>
File: image.jpg (165 KB, 750x1146) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
165 KB, 750x1146
>>9868
>>7116
You use a Windows 10 USB stick now.

It has the same options as the boot menu had, plus you can pull up a miniwindows command prompt.
>>
>>9049
/bread
>>
>>7726
>>7796
>>9049
>>10144
hello reddit
>>
>>10269
more like /g/ desu senpai
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.