[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /wsr/, I've wanted to build a pc for a long time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: a4.jpg (24 KB, 479x479) Image search: [Google]
a4.jpg
24 KB, 479x479
Hello /wsr/, I've wanted to build a pc for a long time, but until now I've had the available money for that
>inb4 poorfag
>yeas, but tell nobody, plz
The main purpose for the machine will be:
>general normiefag usage
>hawken
>Dolphin
>matlab
>solidworks
>maybe catia
>maybe autocad
The thing is I don´t need it to be powerful, nor I plan to play in maximum settings, just to make it work

So I've been considering, with the previous statement in mind, this configuration:
>APU AMD A4-4000
>any HDMI/FM2 compatible MoBo
>4 GB DDR3 @ 1866 MHZ
>a 350W PSU I already have
>the cheapest 7200 rpm I can find

But I wanted to ask you first, what's your opinion in this cfg?
>>
Give us your budget
>>
How much are you willing to spend?
>>
>>70033
>>70034
These.
>>
>>70034
>>70033
200-280 usd/ around 3500-5000 mxn
>>
>>70043
check the logical increments website
>>
>>70043
Ok well for that price range an A8-7600 build would be far better. Said A8 APU is only $74 on amazon, has 4 CPU cores up to 3.8 GHz and 384 gcn cores at 720 MHz.

I will post the pcpartpicker in a couple of minutes.
>>
ok OP here is you pcpartpicker list:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2gYRLk

It includes the A8 APU, 8GB of dual-channel 2133MHz RAM (to help increase FPS as much as possible), no PSU (you already have one), and a 1TB western HDD (don't trust seagate).

All for around $240

Good luck OP
>>
>>70047
Actually, this was my top tier option, I was even thinking of choosing an a10, but seeing that many of applications just require 2 cores, and the A4 offers a great clock speed, That was into my final option.
As you see Solidworks and Hawken are the most resource hungry applications in the list, and as far as I know, Hawken doesn't require more than 2 cores. On the other hand, Solid does use more cores, but I managed to use it in a (now dead) laptop with just 2 GB RAM and an Athlon Dual Core 2.1Ghz, to be precise a Sattelite C645d-sp4007m.
Another recommendation was a celeron, but was wondering about performance...
>>
>falling for the APU meme
Please don't. This will perform 10 times better than any AMD piece of shit and you're actually able to upgrade if you wish to.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9zvDBm
>>
>>70051
The A8 the anon recommended you is guaranteed to turbo to 3.8GHz constantly if only 2 cores are used. In fact, all cores will stay at 3.8GHz of you buy a $20 evo and maintain stable temperatures under load (that's a future upgrade right there).

The A4 is garbage because the iGPU is very weak which matters more in video games. You can have an i7 overclocked to 5GHz but if you only have intel hd graphics don't expect more than 10 fps in modern games. This is why APUs are amazing, they have very powerful iGPUs. The A8 is the best choice possible for your budget, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you get the A4 APU.
>>
>>70054
Don't listen to this troll, the iGPU on that i3 is fucking dogshit. You're going to want to commit suicide when you see the low FPS you will get even in 480p resolution.
>>
File: Untitled.png (22 KB, 1437x267) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
22 KB, 1437x267
>>70057
HD 530 are more than fine for 4k (video) so I have no clue what you're smoking buddy. Also you don't even wanna get into how shit that APU is as a CPU.
>>
If you're going to do anything CPU intensive then an A4 is not something you want, it's designed for budget school computers. Go with an A8, I found mine for $70 in microcenter.
>>
>>70057
i7 6700k + HD 530 (same as on the skylake i3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXxqd6sPXpw

AMD A8-7600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKRyMEvmX14

It even gets shat on in game lol. Absolutely disgusting. Fucking AMDtard
>>
File: intelbtfo.png (61 KB, 858x359) Image search: [Google]
intelbtfo.png
61 KB, 858x359
>>70062
>HD 530 are more than fine for 4k (video)
lol

>Also you don't even wanna get into how shit that APU is as a CPU.
>i3 literally gets shit on by the A8 in multi-core performance
>cheaper too
ayy lmao

Most of the things OP described don't need super uber mega i7 @ 6GHz single core performance.

OP ignore the intel shill, I used to own an i3, I personally know how dogshit intel hd graphics are.
>>
>>70065
>i7 6700k + HD 530 (same as on the skylake i3)
>i7 6700k
>i7
Are you high?
>>
I checked these lists with the suplier I will consider, its cuirous because, without the case, I have already surpassed my budget (sigh Mexico importing fees)

What would you all think of a slower clock memeory like 1366MHZ or 1800Mhz? Maybe in the future I could upgrade for something better.

Nevertheless, I will definitely consider an A8, you know I wanted to save to save some bucks with alower tier processor for my other hobby (RC, quadcopters, etc), as gaming is not anymore my main one, huh. But yeah, considering I will make academia work in this, I will invest bit more money.

>>70062
>>70054
>>70065
The thing is building a PC with and INTEL CPU, my thoughts are I will later need a GPU, cause I don't know exactly how it will perform Solid/Hawken without it. And subsequently, I'll have to wait a bit more for doubling the budget limit, as here PC parts are ridicuoulosly expensive. An example, here the Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6gb Gigabyte is offered at 894 USD. Is it really worth the wait? consider my requirements at the top of the thread.
>>
OP, as an intel user myself please don't use an intel processor especially if you're on a budget. Everything is multi-threaded now, you don't need extreme single thread performance. The iGPU on intel processors is extremely weak and you will have to get a discrete graphics card just to play video games.

Also, one of the things people won't tell you is intel hd graphics constantly throttle during gameplay, the igpu on the A8 won't.

Only go with intel if you plan to get an unlocked $250 i5 and a discrete graphics card ($~250).
>>
>>70067
>show him actual benchmarks from actual computers
>B-BUT MUH SYNTETHIC PASSMARK

>>70068
Are you?

>>70070
Skylake iGPU is actually decent.
>>
>>70069
The iGPU performance is close to the same.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten”

Save up a bit more and get a decent CPU, APU's are literally memes.
>>
>>70069
You need fast RAM for an APU, using dual-channel 1600MHz RAM will decrease FPS by around 25%. Going lower than that is just dumb.
>>
>>70072
>>70073
OP I'm the intel user in an earlier thread. Ignore this guy he's either a paid intel shill or a troll laughing his ass off behind his computer screen.
>>
>>70074
I suggested that because of my budget, could 1866 be enough?
>>
>>70072
skylake igpu will throttle you moron
>>
>>70077
I see, well 1866Mhz RAM would be less harmful than 1600MHz RAM. You will still suffer some performance loss but it won't be noticeable.
>>
>>70079
Yeah, I know but as I stated the, the prices are ridiculous. On the other hand, would it be wise to boy for now a 4GB higher than 2000MHZ cloxk stick. and later another? WOuld it be worth?
>>
>>70086
No, both have to be clocked at the same frequency for dual-channel mode to work properly. Buy two 4GB ddr3 sticks at 1600MHz or two 4GB ddr3 sticks at 2133MHz. NEVER mix and match speed. Remember APUs require RAM in dual-channel mode to work correctly, mixing different ram sticks with different speeds is asking for trouble.

Get 1600Mhz ram sticks right now, then upgrade with a 750ti or R9 360 later on if you need a better graphics processor.
>>
>>70093
Well, thank you and everyone for the inputs in this thread.
>>
>>70100
np, glad we could help
>>
I love it when /wsr/ suddenly turns into /g/ or some other board
>>
>>70152

>This board is for: Asking for help in finding an image or the source of an image, or more of a certain kind of image. Asking for photoshop requests. Asking for recommendations for a new anime or TV series to watch, or a new manga or comic series to read. Asking for tech support or help with your homework. Any other kind of work-safe request. Once you have posted your request, please check the catalog for requests that you can help others with.
> Asking for tech support
Did they do a typo on the sticky anon?
>>
>>70154
I meant anons arguing about Intel vs AMD and stuff
>>
File: 1456327484228.jpg (77 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1456327484228.jpg
77 KB, 690x460
>>70031
>AMD
>>
>>70155
Oh, yeah I can see that being a problem.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.