[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the Breaking Bad of anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_myrdkmd1HX1r84jfpo1_1280.jpg (999 KB, 1018x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myrdkmd1HX1r84jfpo1_1280.jpg
999 KB, 1018x768
I'm not looking for the exact same theme obviously, but rather something more intense than what I usually see. I either get bored really soon or cringe at shows that try to be too edgy.
I've never seen an anime that I considered to be on the same level as shows like Breaking Bad, Dexter or Fargo.
So I'm requesting anything that comes to your mind regarding this.
>>
>Breaking Bad
Try watching The Wire.
>>
Kaiji and Steins;Gate come to mind
>>
>>6836
Try out Monster
>>
>>6859
Oh yes, this too
>>
>>6836
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (Cyberpunk mixed with social commentary and J. D. Salinger quotes. One of the few series with a good English dub)
Shin Sekai Yori (elements of drama, horror, mystery, and the supernatural)
Spice and Wolf (so good it makes economics interesting)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Do not be put off by the magical girls and the cheery first episode: the director's reputation is well-earned)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Another series with a quality dub. One of two good shounen series)
Hunter x Hunter (the other good shounen. Some people think that the 1998 version is better. Switch to 2011 after the Greed Island arc, because 1998 ends there)
>>
Cowboy Bebop
>ezpz
>>
>>7690
>Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Do not be put off by the magical girls and the cheery first episode: the director's reputation is well-earned)
Though Shinbou's reputation is also well-earned (mostly), I believe you're talking about the main writer there, friend.
>>
>>6836
Psycho Pass maybe
>>
>>6836
MONSTER
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.