[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think my university has finally found out about irc, though
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (27 KB, 802x348) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
27 KB, 802x348
I think my university has finally found out about irc, though I'm not sure. I had to cycle through a bunch of possible servers to gain access to rizon, and the number of working servers grows shorter by the day. Is this really the Uni blocking me, or are there other reasons why my connections keep getting refused? Also, are there other ways to download anime besides piracy and irc?
>>
>>76701
You could always do a trecert and see where the trace stops. If it stops while trying to leave campus then it is the uni. If it stops while reaching rizon then you are being blocked by them for some reason or another.

>Also, are there other ways to download anime besides piracy and irc?
Not really. You could try a VPN. Another option is to maybe DDLs since Horriblesubs has them for recent releases (Don't expect great speeds though), just they get taken down from time to time if you don't get to them quickly. Animetake also had DDLs but that site died and I don't know if any replacement came out of it.
>>
>>76785
>trecert
Typoed. Meant tracert.
>>
>>76785
Thanks anon, seems to me that my uni actually has found out about rizon. Most of the servers are blocked and of the ones that aren't the connection usually times out. Seems like I'll have to rely on HS providing DDLs.
>>
>>76880
Try connecting with SSL. Is a chance it may slip by depending on how they are doing the blocking.
https://www.rizon.net/info/access
Need to be on ports 6697 or 9999 for SSL connections and you probably need to make sure your client is also set up to actually connect with SSL.
>>
>>76884
Probably should add it normally needs a + infront of the port number to indicate SSL.
So would be
/server irc.rizon.net +6697
If you was to do it manually.
>>
>>76884
>>76886
Thanks for the advice, but it didn't work.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.