[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Computer/Gaming Desk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
does anyone have any recommended desks? i dont wanna break the bank on it like no more then $250 bucks. I'm mainly going to be gaming and just using my computer for computer things
>>
One or more screens?
Also what size would you prefer and material?
I have a cheap long white outdoors folding desk for my 2 screens and other desk stuff.
>>
>>53535
Buy an L-shaped desk at a thrift store, or make your own with 3 small folding tables from Wal-Mart. Seriously, an L-shaped desk is the way go. Have the L by your dominant side; in addition to extra surface area, you can rest you dominant arm on the side desk as you use your mouse.
>>
>>53981
This

>inb4: "No!!! I need to spend 6 gorillion on muh brand-name gaming peripherals"
>>
I use a regular single desk. I I I'm using fixed the screens to the wall with adjustable mounting brackets. That frees up lots of space on the desk and the screens are at a comfortable viewing angle. Ymmv.
>>
>>54006
Well clover fudged my post. Fug.
>>
>>53981
>>53984
thats what i was thinking, i LOVE the look, shape, feel and everything about l shaped desks.
i plan on having 2 screens, i might want 3 so i can play my consoles on the 3rd but im still iffy on that idea.
i like the idea of making my own L-shaped desk, I've always liked buiding my own shit in the past anyways so it might just be a better idea to build the desk as well. i havent been to home depot/lowes in awhile, any guesstimations on how much BUILDING the desk would be if i made it from scratch? or is that more of a question for /diy/
>>
File: 1390801425340.jpg (454 KB, 600x5700) Image search: [Google]
1390801425340.jpg
454 KB, 600x5700
>>54250
Doubt building one yourself will require extensive knowledge about black magic and ritual sacrifices. If you know your way around basic woodworking you should be okay.

Just google "DIY L-shaped desk plans" (or words to that effect) and I'm sure you'll find something doable.
>>
>>54258
well you never know I might need to ask /x/ about the spoopy things that go bump on my desk!

thanks for the help by the way
>>
>>53535
You have an Ikea nearby? Their Bekant is relatively cheap, simple, and sturdy as fuck.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.