[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a very good PSU, but it has a fan that rattles when spinning.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: standard-psu-100021930-gallery.jpg (71 KB, 580x388) Image search: [Google]
standard-psu-100021930-gallery.jpg
71 KB, 580x388
I have a very good PSU, but it has a fan that rattles when spinning. Along with that, I recently noticed - by opening the case and putting my ear near the PSU and on the back of it - that it does an electrical buzz and the back has a very high pitched noise, almost like a squeal.

I've only had it for one year and it has served me well. Is it the sign that it's going to fail soon or should I stop worrying? Thanks
>>
>>5283
If it's rattling there must be a skeleton inside of it.
>>
You're better off asking /g/ but since stupid board was created you're not allowed to do that and the browsers of this board aren't knowledgeable enough to help. So you're fucked, blame Hiroshima.
>>
>>5292
Fuck off faggot. /g/ isn't tech support.
>>
>>5294
Yeah why the fuck would the technology board be asked about technology!

Autist, just don't open the thread.
>>
>>5305
Why wouldn't a board that discusses technology not want to help hundreds of people who ask the same fucking questions that could be answered literally anywhere else?
>HURR DURR UR AN AUTIST
Kill yourself
>>
>>5319
>I CANT HELP MYSELF FROM OPENING THREADS I DON'T LIKE
Autist
>>
>>5320
Jesus you're pathetic. Go cry on /b/ about how you got kicked out of /g/ for off-topic trash.
>>
Coil whine happens and it doesn't mean your PSU is imploding. Loud fans happen, and if it's been that way since you bought it you'll be fine. If you want a new one, go for one with the fan that turns off at low power draw if you want silence.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.