[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spanish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hola.png (5 KB, 306x264) Image search: [Google]
hola.png
5 KB, 306x264
could someone proofread my spanish work? its supposed to be an email to a friend telling them that you're going to a country and what you will do, eat see, how you will get there, etc. but im not sure if i got everything right. here it is:

Yo viajaré a Columbia. Yo iré a Medellín y nuqui. Yo llegaré en avión. Yo iré de excursión a pie. Yo veré Jaguár y coca. El tiempo estará soleado. Yo comeré tamales y pescado frito.
>>
>>52737
avoid those 1,000 "Yo", just with the first and commas you'll be fine
>>
>>52737
I mean, you can be understood quite well, but it's still weird spanish.

It's something more like:
Viajaré (or "Voy a viajar") a Colombia (Columbia != Colombia). Iré (or "Voy a ir") a Medellín y Nuqui (assuming Niqui is a town or something?). Iré de excursión a pie. Veré (or "voy a ver") jaguares y coca (I'm assuming you're translating "I'll see jaguars and coke". If it was "I'll see the jaguar and coke", for example, it'd be "Voy a ver al jaguar y coca"). El clima está soleado ("tiempo" is somewhat fine too, but still a bit strange for "soleado"). Comeré (or "Voy a comer") tamales y pescado frito.
>>
>>52737
Native Spanish speaker here - I concur with the second poster that you should kick back with the "yo". An alternative to consider is using "Llegare por avion". Maybe stating "vere un Jagurar y Coca"

The use of "Coca" bothers me - left as is your are referring to to cocaine plant. Maybe the exercise meant "Cocoa" - the plant where chocoloate is derived from?
>>
>>52737
Professional translator here. I too concur with the previous posts. "coca" needs qualification - will you see the plant growing "arbusto de coca") or the dried leaf for sale ("hoja de coca")? "Tiempo" for weather is superfluous. It'll be sunny. Of course that means the weather, as nothing else really can me. "excursión a pie" sounds odd - how about "paseo"?

Don't let these corrections get you down. You're clearly at a beginner level, and you've passed this task: your Spanish may not read like something by a native speaker, but you've basically got it right. Your verbs are solid, your genders agree, and in general you've clearly put in the work and got a very solid result. Well done.
>>
If you mean just the animal, "Jaguar" shouldn't be capitalized. And writing the spanish tilde over the a is wrong.
Basically, it's "jaguar", not "Jaguár".

>>52768
I disagree. "Iré de excursión a pie" sounds perfectly natural to me. "Paseo" sounds like something you do in your home town, not as a tourist in another country.
There's also "caminata", which I would say implies something else. "Excursión", in my opinion, is really the best fit in this situation.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.