[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cracking Wi-Fi password
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: wifi.jpg (32 KB, 626x626) Image search: [Google]
wifi.jpg
32 KB, 626x626
How to find out Wi-Fi password of neighbours router? Anyone got links on how to do it? I'm using Mac OS 10.11
>>
>>49359
Check out at google
>>
>>4936I
I've tried
>>
Use aircrack-ng.

A way easier way would be to grab an old laptop, install Kali Linux on it. There are tons of easy to follow tutorials for Kali
>>
>>49359
>>49460
You can also make a live cd/usb with Kali, see here : http://docs.kali.org/downloading/kali-linux-live-usb-install
>>
>>49361
While I believe you to be a dumb and underage memester,
>>49469
Is decent if that's all you're looking for.

btw have fun with the cops on your ass if you get caught
>>
>>49359
Depending on the encryption there may be no point even trying senpai
>>
>>49512
You can crack WPA
>>
>>49524
No you can't,

You can bruteforce it if it's not using RADIUS and the password is shit, but on modern routers that requires the crackee to deliberately replace the default password with a shit one.
>>
>>49529
You can

http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hack-wi-fi-cracking-wpa2-psk-passwords-using-aircrack-ng-0148366/
>>
>>49558
Yeah, no.

That's just bruteforcing it.

Which will work if the password is "retard", but not if it's a default password that came with the router, because default passwords (as of about ten years ago) are not dictionary words, and are long enough that the search space is so big you'll never, ever, get in.

Your average default password is a ten-digit alphanumeric, which means the search space is (26+26+10)^10=62^10=8.4*10^17 keys.

That's 840 million million million million million keys. If (like in the article) you're testing 1.8 million keys per hour, you can expect to see that cracked in 27 million years.

For you to get on a WPA network, the owner has to deliberately change the password from the secure default to something insecure.
>>
>>49359
Don't listen to these anons. Kali Linux is complete and utter shite. You can get 90% of the tools on Kali for Windows too. The tool you're gonna need is called Airmon-ng. Look up a windows/mac download and a tutorial on how to use it. I'm too lazy to give you a tutorial.
>>
>>49576
I'm not that anon, but Bruteforce can still be used. You can try permutation algorithms to try and crack the password. Although cracking it is only a 10% chance, it is still possible.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 660x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 660x456
>>49837
No, you can't.

Unless the password has been weakened, you. will. not. crack. it.

Here's another default password for you. It's a 21 digit alphanumeric.

Completely random.

On average, you need to try half the possible keys to get the right one. That's 2.4*10^32. Or in layman's terms, 2,400 billion billion billion keys.

You're more likely to win the lottery four weeks in a row than you are to ever break this key.
>>
Hacking into private networks is a felony, you really shouldn't do it. Waiting to get better internet is always more desirable than getting a few years in the slammer. I know the chance of actually getting caught and charged are slim but I just really think the risk isn't worth it.
>>
We're not kids anymore OP, the shit you do can have devastating consequences.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_piggybacking
>>
>>49851
That password isn't even difficult. I bet someone as skilled as me could crack that in as little as 2 hours. Heck, my mate even challenged me to cracking his wpa2 handshake file using built-in charsets ONLY.

IT. TOOK. ME. 30. FUCKING. MINUTES.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 464x526) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 464x526
>>49871
>That password isn't even difficult.
Please stop, you're just embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>49878
>Please stop, you're just embarrassing yourself.
Oh the irony.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 420x294) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 420x294
>>49882
Let's put this another way:

A 4chan tripcode is 62^10 = 8.4*10^17
That Netgear's default password is 36^21 = 4.8*10^32

That Netgear's default password is 5,700,000,000,000,000 times more difficult than a tripcode, so if you can get it in 30 minutes, that means that you can get every tripcode ever used by anyone ever in a fraction of a microsecond.

So all the tripfags should just give up, because your kiddie-script makes their precious tripcode irrelevant.

You can prove me wrong, trivially, by using the tripcode "IamAwanker' on your inevitable reply. Should be pretty easy, seeing as how you said you can crack stuff that's provably intractable.
>>
>>49906
Actually most tripcodes take like 5 minute to crack due to their special snowflake combination (ie !0cmuffinkek).
>>
>>49906
You have to remember dictionary attacks. Brute forcing any password is retarded.
>>
>>49916
You can't dictionary attack these, because they're literally a string of random digits. The factory has a hardware RNG, and it blows a completely random default password into the router, and prints it on a sticker and sticks it to the bottom.

If you want your wifi to be cracked, you need to change the password from the uncrackable massive string of completely random digits to something really dumb.

And then, I guess, you get everything you deserve.
>>
>>49919
>making a huge implication most people won't change the default password to abcdefg or 12345678
Seriously, I changed my password to tfwnogf because of how insanely fucking hard it was to remember those fucking digits. I block mac addresses so it won't help you much if you crack my password desu
>>
>>49925
>making a huge implication most people won't change the default password to abcdefg or 12345678
Most people don't even log in to their router, which is why it's still called "Netgear-5F12".
>I block mac addresses so it won't help you much if you crack my password desu
Sorry, sempai, but I can just sniff your network for a valid one, and impersonate it.
>>
>>49925
Also MAC addresses are made of two parts: a 24-bit identifier issued to the manufacturer, and a 24-bit identifier unique to the card.

There's a dictionary of valid manufacturers, and there's less than 30,000 of them.

This means I only need to send 30000*2^24 to have tried every valid MAC address.

That works out at only 8GB per manufacturer, and there's a real big skew towards manufacturers like Microsoft, Intel, Netgear, Sony, etc.

If you permit even one device that uses the MAC it came with, your MAC filter can be guessed overnight.
>>
File: 1451630552990.jpg (40 KB, 396x338) Image search: [Google]
1451630552990.jpg
40 KB, 396x338
>>49359
download kali linux and install to a flashdrive, boot it up and scan for wps enabled wireless networks. wps is a huge fuckup system some router manufacturers thought was a good idea where a 6-digit(?) numerical passcode is made every 15 minutes or so. if you have physical access to the router you can get the wps code and connect without the huge clusterfuck default passwords they give out stock. you can crack a wps passcode in no time if you are close enough to the network. its really your only hope if you're not mr.robot
>>
>>49477
>btw have fun with the cops on your ass if you get caught
Who's the underage memester now?
>>
>>49359
Google "reaver kali 2.0"
WPS is included in lots of WPA and WPA2 routers. Reaver exploits the inherent weakness in WPS security.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.