[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have some decent headphones that, when connected to my phone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (3 KB, 347x145) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
3 KB, 347x145
So I have some decent headphones that, when connected to my phone (LG G4), keeps disconnecting if the jack moves even the slightest. I used my notebook and my gf's iphone to see if it's the headphone jack that is the issue, and it seemed just fine on those, meaning it's my phone that is the source of the issue

Is there a way to work around this? Or am I fucked and have to wait until I get a new phone or whatever?
>>
>>49261
Make sure there's no debris in your phone jack. Blow it out with a bit of compressed air. All else fails, get a new phone
>>
or bring your phone to service center to replace your female headphone jack
>>
>>49281
This, also try isopropyl alcohol and a pipe cleaner, be careful with this tho, you just want to get it clean but the jack internals are fragile.
>>
File: 21kjHQ7i0mL._AA200_QL65_.jpg (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
21kjHQ7i0mL._AA200_QL65_.jpg
4 KB, 200x200
Have you tried using a short extender?
>>
Dust and sand was my issue a couple of times so def try to blow it out or shake it.
>>
File: Female jack off - Closeup.jpg (72 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Female jack off - Closeup.jpg
72 KB, 1024x768
>>49261
If it's not dust, try to use a needle as a lever to make sure the prong inside the female jack makes contact with the male one. It can sometimes be flattened to the side. See pic.
>>
>>49362
This. It could also be a dodgy solder bond on the headphone jack. If it is a consistent problem no matter how many sets of headphones you throw at it and it has warranty, jump on it. Remember to back it up and factory it before you hand it over.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.