[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cable help plez?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160202_201527100.jpg (953 KB, 1456x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160202_201527100.jpg
953 KB, 1456x2592
What's good in the hood mates? I just got a mic for my guitar. But I wanted to connect it to my phone so that I can record from there. So I have a 6.3 mm to 3.5 adapter that plug an ordinary aux cord into and tried to connect it to my phone and laptop but nuffin. Anyone know what's up or anything I can buy to be able to record from my Acoustic guitar mic to phone?

Pic related btw
Thanks
>>
File: 1454434567803.jpg (64 KB, 981x384) Image search: [Google]
1454434567803.jpg
64 KB, 981x384
>>48242
you bought the wrong adapter. thats a stereo 1/4" to stereo 3.5mm adapter. you need a mono 1/4" to stereo 3.5mm adapter.
>>
File: sdfsas.jpg (186 KB, 944x924) Image search: [Google]
sdfsas.jpg
186 KB, 944x924
>>48252
Irrelevant, a TRS (tip ring sleeve) is functionally the same as a TS (tip sleeve) jack, it's just missing a channel.

In a stereo setup, right channel passes through the ring (3 in diagram) left through the tip (1 in diagram) and signal ground connects via the sleeve (2 in diagram). In a mono setup, only the left is present, there is no ring to pass the right channel signal. An easy way to remember this is "RRR".. RED signal for RIGHT channel passes through the RING.

This is also why you often see pro audio gear label the left channel as "mono". It's expected a mono signal will only be present on the left channel, which is the tip of the jack. There is no reason why this should not be working.

Not sure what the deal is with the phone OP but have you set your laptop so the mic input jack is the default recording source?
>>
>>48264
My laptop only has one Jack and its pretty much for anything I want to plug in. Whenever I plug something in a pop-up message should appear. Do you think the Aux cord should be one of those with 3 rings? (sorry for my lack of cable knowledge)
>>
File: image.jpg (312 KB, 1073x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
312 KB, 1073x1500
>>48242
Guitars are not even nearly loud enough to just plug into a PC. PC mics have a built-in amplifier that the PC powers by putting a DC signal on the wire. Guitars don't: they just output the AC from the pickups and expect the amp to sort it out.

Your mic will be emulating a guitar so that you can use your acoustic guitar with a guitar amp.

You need to go buy a RockSmith "RealTone" cable: it contains a USB sound card, and an amplifier so it can work with the weak signals guitars put out.
>>
>>48609
I'm looking for a cable to connect to my phone and laptop though. Anything for that?
>>
>>48655
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/line-6-sonic-port-vx
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.