[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C++ programming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: wtf.jpg (58 KB, 824x825) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
58 KB, 824x825
Guys wtf is wrong here. Visual studio says that B is undeclared identifier. What the fuck should I do?
Thank you.
>>
>>46298
I reproduced the error with a simpler code, where b=2. Replacing..
int x[][b]
by..
int x[][2]
.. solves it.
>>
>>46326
still ERROR
>>
>>46298
because b is undeclared in "int x[][b]"
>>
>>46327
can you show us the updated version ?
>>
>>46298
well 1. b is out of scope, its in scope in main but not the declaration of input and output
2. you cant dynamically spec a 2d array like that. you can do 1d dynamically i think? but you read in a and b so the compiler can't assign memory space for the array because it doesn't know how big it is or something stupid shit like this.
>>
what about doing it the c++ way
create a matrix class or use the existing one
because it looks like you didn't read the preliminaries section of your book well
>>
>>46334
In C, arrays are just raw values packed end-to-end, accessed by multiplying the offset by the size and adding it to the base pointer.

Two dimensional arrays are stored the same way:

aaaaaaaaa
bbbbbbbbb
ccccccccc
ddddddddd

becomes aaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbcccccccccddddddddd.

How would you get value one in row b if the size of the rows was undefined? You'd simply multiply the size by the column offset, and add that to the size multiplied by the row offset multipled by...

Oh.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.