[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mecha Anime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: mecha.jpg (178 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
mecha.jpg
178 KB, 1200x600
Recommend me entry level MECHA ANIME.
I'm a pretty casual anime viewer so i haven't seen much.
I'm in the mood for some hot robots doing battoru.
Thanks
>>
File: 1449806937672.jpg (57 KB, 640x628) Image search: [Google]
1449806937672.jpg
57 KB, 640x628
TENGEN TOPPA GURREN LAGGAN
>>
>>4621
seen it
i know about the drills
gimme more
>>
>>4629
Check out an older show called Armored Trooper Votoms. It's an 80s anime but it is really easy for anybody to get into.
>>
Gunbuster.
The real mecha battle starts in episode 5, but when it happens it's glorious. And the next episode it's a fucking masterpiece. If you liked Gurren Lagann, watch this.
>>
>>4640
>Armored Trooper Votoms
>50+ episodes
Downloading the first episodes, i'll dip my toes in
>>
>>4629
Suisei no Gargantia
Expelled from paradise
Aldnoah.Zero
>>
>>4559
Code Geass
>>
>>4665
>>
File: mech.jpg (48 KB, 684x292) Image search: [Google]
mech.jpg
48 KB, 684x292
I'll give most of these a shot, i should be good for a bit.
What about the fabled gundam series, how the fuck do i even get into that ? should i ?
>>
Knights of Sidonia is about as casual, entry level normie core as you can get.

Valvrave
Buddy Complex
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet
Gundam SEED
>>
>>4679
>Gundam

yes. Either SEED or 00; the ladder is a bit more serious and political but my personal favorite, and SEED is always a great starting point gtbqhimo.
>>
File: gundam guide.jpg (2 MB, 2400x3000) Image search: [Google]
gundam guide.jpg
2 MB, 2400x3000
>>4695
You can fuck right off with that, SEED is a fucking terrible place to start Gundam.

>>4679
If you have the guts for a beautiful adventure, start from the original MSG 0079 and continue through UC. I haven't seen much but Zeta is my favorite so far and it's a direct sequel to the original. If you really don't want to do that, I'm watching 00 and the currently airing Iron Blooded Orphans and I think they're both remarkable in their own ways; you could check those out.
>>
Other /m/ shit I endorse from this thread are Code Geass for accessability and Gunbuster and its sequel for setting, buildup and novelty.

>>4695
Also,
>the ladder
Anon please.
>>
Macross Frontier/SDF if you actually want to start from the beginning
GaoGaiGar
>>
Still here thanks for the continued support.
I'm saving stuff for later.
>>
>>4808
>You can fuck right off with that, SEED is a fucking terrible place to start Gundam

He called himself a "casual" (assuming it's still OP), and SEED is perfect for casuals.
>>
>>4936
No, it isn't. It's like recommending Bieber to a music casual. You don't recommend it because it's just plain not good. You recommend something actually good that a casual can get into, like Orphans.
>>
File: undefeated of the east style.png (82 KB, 500x451) Image search: [Google]
undefeated of the east style.png
82 KB, 500x451
G-Gundam, it's basically late Dragon Ball with mechs.
>>
>>4645
Pleb, Gunbuster 5 is superior to 6.
>>
>>5069
>You don't recommend it because it's just plain not good
>recommends IBO
I can't wew enough at your post.
>>
>>4645
gun buster is GOAT
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 1023x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 1023x575
New getter robo.
Its short (13 eps) has some great mecha action with a crazy over the top main cast.
>>
>>4559
Boku no Pico
>>
There's an entire board about anime and there's also a board about mechs on this same site. Too bad you have to ask here instead of there
>>
Litterally the first pinned post on /a/ redirected me here.
>>
>>5303
Yeah, too bad someone having a request has to ask on a board made for requests of this nature right?
>>
Valvrave.
>>
>>5303
This is a better place to ask. /m/ gives notoriously bad recommendations.

I'd like to recommend Cross Ange to OP, as it's a personal favorite of mine. Great robot designs and one of the most badass female protagonists in anime. Just be warned that you should give it more than three episodes before deciding if it's to your liking, as there's a pretty big tone shift after that point.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.