[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadafag here, I'm looking for a reliable SSD that can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: slant.jpg (65 KB, 620x336) Image search: [Google]
slant.jpg
65 KB, 620x336
Canadafag here, I'm looking for a reliable SSD that can be obtained for $100 CAD or less. I initially had my bar set at $60, but all I was seeing was garbage. Doesn't need to be big either, 120GB will do just fine.

Any recommendations?
>>
samsung 850
>>
well... what do you care most about? read speed? write speed? longevity? encryption?
>>
>>45324
It's at the upper end of my price range, but it sounds pretty good from Newegg's reviews for the 120GB 850 Evo model.

>>45331
Longevity and read speed, in that order.
>>
>>45335
>Longevity and read speed, in that order.

I've been using an Intel 530 for the last two years. It is on the slower end compared to Samsung (the other manufacturer I can recommend - I use an 840 Pro on my notebook), but very reliable and robust. I literally never had a problem with it and on average I use my PC like 10 hours a day, dealing with gigabytes of video files. Estimated lifetime currently reads out still above 80% after 2 years of daily use.

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I've never really felt it was slow. The upgrade from HDD to SSD was like night and day, but I've never really found myself wishing it was any faster. The Intel 530 was my first SSD and I mainly chose it because of its great encryption. It's a solid choice, but probably not the best bang for your buck. Definitely not if you want to max read speed.

One would assume all manufacturers produce working and lasting drives, but personally I can only confirm that Intel produces SSDs that are as reliable as their CPUs (that is: very).
>>
I have one of the earlier Samsung SSDs and it's been chugging along great for over 5 years at this point.
>Find wood
>Beat it like it owes me money
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.