[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I fix this shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 536x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 536x267
How do I fix this shit?
>>
upgrade vmware
>>
>>3981

Start it in safe mode and then restard.
>>
>>3981
something happened
>>
>HAL initialization failed
It's one of the many problems with an irritatingly wide array of potential causes. If you're not savvy enough, consider taking it to a pro.

Quick googling:

Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers.
Corruption in Windows registry from a recent software change
Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Windows Operating System-related program files.
Driver conflict after installing new hardware.
Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers related to Windows Operating System.
Error 0x5C blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk.
HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.
>>
install gentoo
>>
>>4015
How?
>>
I love how it's now possible to get an error in your OS that tells you it has to do something and mentions HAL.
>>
>>4094
Press the reset switch and chant "There's no place like home, There's no place like home" while the computer boots up.
>>
>>4094
https://www.google.com/search?q=restart+windows+safe+mode
>>
>>4118
>>4123
I'm kinda stuck in a loop lads
>>
>>3981
I like how Microsoft puts all the blame on your computer, like it couldn't possibly be their shitty OS at fault.
>>
>>3981
Your hard drive failed. Go buy another one (it's not soldered to your laptop idiot)
>>
bumperino
>>
>>4013
What did he mean by this
>>
File: image.jpg (248 KB, 1861x1013) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248 KB, 1861x1013
>>4123
>lol just google it
>>
When did it start, and what happened just before that?

>>4151
You can get into safe mode by hitting F8 during boot. They made it a bitch and a half to make the prompt appear in Win8 and later, so it might take a few reboots to hit it right. If safe mode works, that's good but it means one of your drivers is probably fucked.
>>
I have an issue as well, I don't have a screenshot because I can't take one after my computer crashes, but it tells me that the application (not specified) had to close as a result of trying to divide by zero. My computer then crashes.
>>
>>4342
i remember that old meme
>>4340
it was working fine until this morning, i've had to reset it many times
>>
File: durrr.png (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
durrr.png
14 KB, 300x300
>>4332
Yeah why google it like a pleb when you can wait around for half an hour for somebody on 4chan to give you an answer they got from google instead.
>>
>>4366
I've already googled it many times and none of it seems to help me
>>
>>4374
>"HAL_INITALIZATION_FAILED Fix "
>307,000 results

Surely at least one of those results would help.
>>
>>4431
i've tried the f8 + shift so many times
it's such a hassle to get into safe mode when you're in this loop
>>
Alrighty should I just bring it into a tech guy tomorrow or do one of you fine gentlemen have a solution if I'm stuck in this loop? I hear power + F11 works but I can't afford losing all of my shit, so what do? F8 + shift is a bitch
>>
>>4551
You're probably not going to get a quick fix by tomorrow. Depending on how quickly you want this fixed, taking it to someone might be your best option.
>>
File: w8restore1.png (18 KB, 606x422) Image search: [Google]
w8restore1.png
18 KB, 606x422
>>4551
>>3981
I had the exact same thing last week. just do a system restore. the first one (the most recent) failed, so I tried again with an older snap from 3 weeks ago and it fixed the loop issue.

After the first time it reboots it should inform you windows did not boot successfully and show you pic related so you can start the restore process.
>>
>>3981
do this >>4717

basic troubleshooting to any type of problem is to determine what changed between the last time the thing you are fixing was working right and the present.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.