[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /a/ unanimously seem to decide on what anime is popular?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1452899307090.jpg (56 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1452899307090.jpg
56 KB, 560x560
How does /a/ unanimously seem to decide on what anime is popular? Is it the compilation of literally every thread related to every anime airing this season?

What's popular this season?

I want to fit in with /a/ but I never seem to be able to catch up.

What is the average /a/ poster's viewing history? Do they literally watch all anime airing this season and decide on one?
>>
>>36514
SOA is the hottest show of 2016 so far
>>
>>36514
>I want to fit in
Don't, be happy with your own likes and dislikes for chrissakes
>>
>>36514
one person voices an opinion.
the rest are like you wanting to fit it, so they copy it
everybody now agrees with this opinion, and given long enough for it to normalize and internalize, will defend it to the death.

this is how it works in all cases, not just on /a/.
>>
>>36545
I wonder how many people in the world think this way?
>>
>>36514
Don't fall for all the xenophobic shit on 4chan.

It only exists because they don't want to admit that what they really hate are personal posting styles and the type of people they're spending all day with online. But it's just easier to say "lol you weren't here before a certain date"

4chan is just about having fun talking about shit with people who share a certain interest. Just pick a currently running anime that you think might be interesting and watch it while following threads on /a/ about it.
It's much more fun to do that than to waste your time trying to "catch up on the classics" or some shit.

Just don't be an insufferable shithead who has no respect for the people there and wants to change things to fit their needs rather than listening to those who have been there much longer, and you'll be fine.
>>
>>36514
Why do you want to fit in OP?
>>
>>36514
Form your own opinion, retard.
>>
Number of threads, speed of threads, download count on nyaa, Go to pixiv and see if a character is dominating new submissions if it's popular in japan it'll be popular on /a/ too.

As for what's popular try Phantom World, Dagashi Kashi, and Boku Dake ga Inai Machi,

Now given all that. I recommend not trying to fit in at all beyond obvious posting styles that can get you banned etc. You'll have more fun just watching what you like and /a/ will be better off because some retard won't be complaining about a show he shouldn't be watching in the first place.
>>
Also to decide on what to watch each season you look at a chart pick the things that look interesting to you and give it the 3 ep rule.
>>
>>36514
>Do they literally watch all anime airing this season and decide on one?
Yes.

You should too. Nobody can tell you what you like.

It's really not that much effort.
>>
>>36736
>Dagashi Kashi
Am I really the only person who found it about as funny as Marmaduke?
>>
>>36548
Dumb sheep are the scourge of the Earth
>>
>>36741
I'm not sure if that's an insult or praise, considering Marmaduke is pretty good but the context of your statement suggests you think otherwise.
>>
>>36738
I don't like using such a strict "rule". Some take more than three episodes to hit their stride. I just give things a chance whenever the mood hits me and if destiny sees fit then it will lead me to the great ones. Plus if something takes longer than three episodes to warm up I'm sure I'll hear about it.
>>
>>36817
If it takes 25% of its total screentime just to get its shit together, it's never going to get its shit together.
>>
>>36818
KKK has a 4 ep rule.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.