[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Budget gaming PC #2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: hoooohuehuehooo.jpg (52 KB, 520x800) Image search: [Google]
hoooohuehuehooo.jpg
52 KB, 520x800
Hey /wsr/, I need to ask a question. Is it possible to build an under $300 gaming PC to run things like Minecraft, CS: GO, and Garry's mod? If so, what is the most balanced and recommended parts to use? I have no problem with building the PC myself, but if there somewhere is one pre-assembled I wouldn't have a problem with buying it. I got robbed last year and my computer was stolen. All I want is a new one to play with my friends on again. Thanks for reading my blog post.
>>
How much RAM and HDD storage space are you interested in having in your build?
>>
whoops, forgot trip

Thank you.

For a budget under $300, you want to avoid pre-builts like the plague. Not only will they have a cheap CPU and GPU at this price point but a cheap motherboard and PSU as well.

You have two options right now, build an FM2+ or AM1 desktop.
>>
>>34923
Sorry for not replying earlier. On shit clover app. I'm thinking 4 GB would be enough but if I could have extra RAM I'd roll with 8 GB easy
>>
>>34938
Okay cool.

Well to be able to play games like minecraft and CS:GO, you won't need a super powerful GPU. Anything on par with an R7 240 (320 stream processors @ ~800 MHz) will be enough to play games like that perfectly fine at least on 720p resolution.

The CPU doesn't need to be top tier either, those games aren't as horribly optimized as arma 3 so using an AMD CPU isn't a bad idea.

I'll make both pcpartpicker builds right with what components I think are best now and post them later.
>>
Here is the AM1 build, about $250 without discounts

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/YLT9bv

RAM is pretty cheap nowadays so 8GB of it doesn't hurt the budget too much.
>>
Here is the FM2+ build, about $290 without discounts:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kXrfNG

The CPU and GPU (technically an iGPU) are far better and the build permits overclocking as the cpu multiplier is unlocked. However it is more costly.
>>
File: 1451955629887.jpg (34 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
1451955629887.jpg
34 KB, 398x500
>>34965
Dude, you are amazing. Thanks for taking the time out of your day to help me with this. I REALLY appreciate it. I'm so glad to be able to get out of being a console fag.
>>
The AM1 build is cheaper but will handle the games you mentioned just fine at least on 720p resolution.

The FM2+ build is better (but costly) and the APU (cpu & igpu) can be overclocked if you buy an aftermarket cooler.

Main advantage of the AM1 build is you can buy everything but the dedicated GPU and at least play minecraft on very low settings until you get it. Total drops to ~$180 until you buy the GPU.

Main advantage of the FM2+ build is you can immediately play vydias even on 1080p settings albeit on low settings. There are no shortcuts here, starting budget needs to be at least $290.

So it's up to you now, the AM1 build budget can be lowered to $180 temporarily. However you will be cursed with a low tier CPU so games not optimized will run like shit on it (ie arma 3) and the CPU will be a huge bottleneck for a GPU upgrade. The FM2+ build is overall better and you can upgrade the GPU to an R7 360 and the CPU won't be a bottle neck.
>>
>>34970
No problem, glad I could help.

Just make sure to watch a few youtube videos to fully understand how to put together your build and how to install OS and drivers.

Good luck.
>>
>>34914
Where did you find that adorably doge?

Anyway, a Socket FM2+ build is probably your best bet. I'm thinking 8GB of ram and an A8-7600 APU should serve you well while you save up for a dedicated GPU.

>>34965
This build looks pretty good. Hard drive's a bit small though, but it'll be enough for an OS and a few games. In fact, I actually have most of the games I play installed to a 120GB short-stroked partition, along with my OS and applications, and I still have 47GB free. I don't hibernate or run a swapfile though. I also mostly play older games and indie stuff.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.