[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, I am going to buy a Asus R9 380 Strix graphics card.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: The Wolf of The Witcher - Imgur.jpg (280 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Wolf of The Witcher - Imgur.jpg
280 KB, 1920x1080
Hello, I am going to buy a Asus R9 380 Strix graphics card. However, I don't know if it will be compatible with my motherboard. Here are the specs of my motherboard.My current graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6510.Will my current motherboard run it or do I need to replace it? Here are the specs of my current motherboard:
http://motherboard.hw-specs.com/Pegatron_IPXSBH61/#spec
(Pic Unrelated.)
>>
>>34554
Also,would replacing an Asus R9 380 Strix with a Sapphire R9 380 Strix make a difference?
>>
>>34554
>>34563
Should work fine, just make sure you have a beefy enough power supply. You need one that's at least 550W, but preferably 600W.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your motherboard only does PCI-Express 2.0, so it won't take full advantage of the card you're putting in it. Keep that in mind.
>>
>>34575
Another thing to keep in mind is that your motherboard may have overheating issues with the new graphics card. Honestly, I'd recommend getting a nice new motherboard, but OP didn't ask for that.
>>
>>34875
How would a video card cause a motherboard to overheat? The closest I can think of is how old Voodoo cards tend to overheat when you put them in anything newer than a Pentium III system.
>>
>>35255
By pegging the NorthBridge, I'd assume.

But on Intel, at least, the CPU runs the PCIe lanes and all the motherboard provides is wiring.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.