[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Games that make you feel. ALOT These are my picks Earthbound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7
File: Earthbound-Wii-U.jpg (39 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
Earthbound-Wii-U.jpg
39 KB, 640x300
Games that make you feel. ALOT

These are my picks
Earthbound
Undertale
And another game I'm too embarrassed to admit
>>
File: flappy-bird.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
flappy-bird.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>32105
>And another game I'm too embarrassed to admit
It's flappy bird isn't it?

In no particular order:

Shadow of the Colossus
To the moon
Mother 3
Minesweeper
Papers please (not really feels, but man, dat shit is depressing in all it's simplicity)
Valiant hearts - the great war
Brothers - a tale of two sons
>>
>>32105
>not embarrassed to admit you like memetale
>>>/tumblr/

As for your request, DQV.
>>
>>32120
Thanks for the suggestions! It was actually Touhou.
>>
>>32129
I've actually never really gotten into DQ. Should I start with the first and go in order?
>>
File: 1441999759400.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441999759400.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>32140
>It was actually Touhou.

... But nothing emotional ever happens in those games. They're as bare bones as it comes, even by STG standards. I seriously cannot comprehend where you're coming from.
>>
File: image.jpg (146 KB, 741x1079) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146 KB, 741x1079
>>32197
I dunno senpai, the music, characters, and gameplay itself has brought me to tears.
>>
>>32105
to the moon
we /tumblr/ now
>>
>>32105
Kingdom Hearts
>>
File: Lisa.jpg (148 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
Lisa.jpg
148 KB, 1536x1152
>>32105
Lisa
It was the "earthbound" game before Undertale came out and stole all it thunder.
>>
>>32216
I know that feel, get kinda teary each time Vengeful Cat Spirit's Erratic Step's activation lines up with the climax of the background music.
The series is full of that kind of stuff, it's great.
>>
File: Image15.jpg (15 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Image15.jpg
15 KB, 320x180
Indigo Prophecy made me feel a lot until that shitty ending along with absolute shit quick time.
>>
OFF
>>
>>32141
He said V. Start with V.

V has little grinding, lets you capture monsters like Pokemon, and it's a good entry point. Personally it's the only DQ I've finished.
>>
>>32105
Asura's Wrath is not a weepy game, but it does elicit very strong emotions. Especially the final fight. You can probably get the same effect by watching footage online, though, since it's about 50% cutscenes anyway.
>>
File: 760711.jpg (422 KB, 580x860) Image search: [Google]
760711.jpg
422 KB, 580x860
>>32216

K den.

I doubt you'll give them a chance, but I recommend Gun Frontier, Metal Black, RayForce and Darius Gaiden and R-Type Delta for other STGs that sync the music to the action for powerful effect, and tell a story with little to no dialogue, mainly through stage events.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSYMMopJSmY&list=PLUPwBkQKCRM5nuti0J0-Pg4RbWuKGzvU-&index=4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru37CzDAgtE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIX3Ae7Q-UY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjHvfRwUbGY
>>
>>32141
Although I said V... don't start with it. It's the best in the franchise by far.

Start... with either III, VI, VII or IX, which are quite fun, but the lowest points in modern DQ (I and II are fun, but I doubt you'll like them unless you're already into DQ). Then, play VIII, which is the third best one. Then IV, which is the game that revolutionized RPGs and made them the way they are now (character-centric, separated in chapters, lots of both comedy and drama... it invented it all. And Torneko). And then play V, which is by far the best DQ, according to about 90% of DQ players, including the Square Enix staff. Yes, it's even better than IV.

IV, VIII and V will give you lots of feels, but specially V. VI VII and IX too, but not so much. III isn't character driven (you make your own characters, who other than your hero, have no story whatsoever), and although the same happens in IX, several of IX's substories are pretty sentimental, and III... not so much.

You can't play X because you're a filthy gaijin.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.