[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SD card won't work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-17-39-26.png (257 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-17-39-26.png
257 KB, 540x960
Hey /wsr/ gotta simple request. I just bought a 8gb Sandisk SD card today, and something is wrong. Every time I try to download something I get this error message. My storage is pretty much empty because I just got the card. Any ideas?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-17-43-22.png (70 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-17-43-22.png
70 KB, 540x960
My storage
>>
So how's your in-phone storage look?

Yes, I know you're trying to install it to the SD card, but if the internal storage is completely full, that's probably not going to work either.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-18-01-25.png (82 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-18-01-25.png
82 KB, 540x960
>>31461
It is almost full. Should I just delete stuff? My phone isn't allowing me to move much to my SD card.
>>
>>31465
108 MB should actually be plenty since the bulk should go to the SD. If it were completely full I'd understand. The only thing I can think of is that something is trying to force the install to the internal storage rather than the SD. Obviously you can try deleting stuff if possible (can't hurt) but that's probably not the main issue. At this point I hope someone with more knowledge of Android can chip in (I have Android, but not an external SD).
>>
>>31465
Ok, thanks anyway anon.
>>
>>31474
SD is second-class storage on Android. It's fine for pure data, such as movies and music, but putting apps onto it is challenging. As far as the OS knows, it could vanish at any second, so any data that absolutely has to remain readable (application code, plugins, UI data, etc.) has to be internal.

Some phones need to download the app to internal storage before they can unpack it onto the SD card.

Some phones don't even support apps on the SD card at all.

Delete more stuff, OP.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.