[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
am i screwed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (46 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46 KB, 680x510
my gaming rig's mobo is reading a lil high on my temps, but everything is fine as far as performance, no noticable drops in framerates, no crashes, nothing. should i be worried or am i just stupid? please help :(
>>
Both the CPU and GPU are reading quite normal temps, if not a bit lower than usual (~45°C). Check the southbridge and northbridge on the mobo, it might mean the northbridge heatsink came off. Also look for any other unusually hot place (other than around CPU ofc). Other than that I can't really think of other reasons for overheating mobo except maybe faulty sensors. Which, on the other hand might explain the low temps on CPU and GPU.
How many fans are in your case? What CPU heatsink? Do you have good airflow?
Get RealTemp, Prime95, and MSI Afterburner, run some benchmarks, report the temps and we can move from there.
Also, on a different note why do you have GT 740 in a 'gaming' rig?
>>
2gb video card stock overclock edition, why not, and i think its reading incorrectly, i have 3 fans including the cpu fan, i also have an AMD HD 6770 but its 1gb
sorry im a tard when it comes to this shit sometimes, i know a bit, but not everything
>>
>>28863
Ok, well next time you go by Microcenter and have some ~200 bucks go get yourself a R9 280, you won't regret that.
Anyway, try to get the software and do the benchmarks that will help see if the sensors are really broken. Post the realtemp readings before and after.
>>
ok gimme a bit i dont know how long this will take lol what should i use as the benchmark tool, which program i mean
>>
>>28866
Prime95 for CPU testing and MSI Afterburner for GPU
RealTemp for measurements
>>
File: Untitled.png (361 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
361 KB, 1920x1080
heres the results from the XS bench on realtemp, all temps were around 34C
>>
>>28868
running prime95 now
>>
>>28868
how long does the prime95 take i wanna go smoke a cig real quick and i dont smoke near my pc
>>
>>28868
Im mainly worried about my mobo temps at 66 C on the OP picture
>>
>>28874
However long you let it, 5-10 minutes is ideal.
Screenshot the temps, go for a smoke and screen again.

>>28874
Yeah, but we need to find out if it even works properly first
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
temps maxed at 60C before i stopped, ran for about 8 minutes
running MSI then going for a smoke
>>
give me 5-10 minutes depending on how long msi takes
>>
>>28875
before i go what d i do with msi? im lost anon
>>
>>28880
There is a part called msi kombustor, there you will just set the resolution, run it and then check the temps after ~5 minutes.
Also pls screenshot the RealTemp readings, you can't see the temps in p95
>>
>>28882
i have coretemp and i already exited realtemp, they maxed out at 60 C and now are all back to normal 34c temps after stopping prime95
>>
>>28882
run benchmark or run stress test?
>>
>>28886
stress
>>
>>28889
k 5 mins ill brb
>>
okay ran it for 6 minutes, no abnormalities in temperature, gpu stayed at 45-50 C range couldnt take screenshot because when i stopped the stress test it didnt show results, cpu temps went up to about 40 C
anything else you need to know? it was at a load of 804 MB out of 2048MB
>>
as far as i know all the tests are saying my temps and hardware are fine, why is my mobo reading 66 C???
>>
>>28907
Ok, this is really interesting. Definitely a broken/'confused' sensor as it appears your PC is very well ventilated. 60C in p95 is really impressive.
Are you aware of any power spikes or such? Too much strain on the mobo might cause this.
One last thing comes to mind: check the temps in BIOS. The measuring programs can be thrown off by multipliers and other settings.
But as long as everything is stable and the temperature doesn't increase rapidly under load (did you check that?) everything is okay.
>>
no power spikes and my temps max out at around 50C on cpu if im running a heavy amount of shit at once, but it is gragual, not instant. and everything is pretty stably as far as temps/performance goes
is she gonna be okay anon?
>>
>>28915
Definitely. Just occasionally check if the temp isn't over 100C, anything below that is safe for all forms of silicon.
>>
>>28916
ok rebooted and checked bios, said mobo temps are 29C so i guess its ok?
>>
>>28916
unrelated, do you game on pc? i need steam buddies lol
>>
>>28918
Yay, problem solved, had the feeling right after the 60C p95 score that the problem is in the sensor reading/speccy.

>>28919
Hell yes I do, haven't used steam in a while since most of my friends pirate and use Evolve but I have plenty of stuff there

/id/hex29a/
>>
>>28913
>it appears your PC is very well ventilated
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1344750
the origional rig, kept everything the same besides the gpu. sometimes i leave the plastic/plexiglass off while i game, not because it overheats, but because i dont want to even risk it, ive never owned a real gaming rig, so i treat it like a child. lol but yes it is well ventilated even with the case not open
>>
>>28921
sent
i used to pirate but now im scared, plus i like multiplayer. i did however pirate stick of truth and skyrim and fallout NV ultimate
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.