[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok faggots listen up How does one do a resume when all their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1452053776950.jpg (309 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
1452053776950.jpg
309 KB, 600x900
Ok faggots listen up
How does one do a resume when all their old work experience isn't relative to their new career choice.
>>
Work experience is relevant as long as you can justify what skills you used during.
>>
>>28357
this. its about skills
>>
>>28357
>>28369
but my last jobs were blue collar/warehouse and now im going into IT
do i still list it?
>>
>>28371
Yes you can list, but instead of saying

* moved boxes from A to B

say

* responsible for inventory management
>>
>>28371
Did you ever organize anything while on the job? Like a box into another location? That's inventory management. Say you've used Microsoft Access. Then learn Microsoft Access so nobody can call you on that lie.

Also, you can just SAY that you do web stuff on the side as a hobby.
>>
>>28371
- Turned up on time
- Got on with colleagues
- Worked long hours
- Dealt with clients
- Dealt with suppliers
- Got on with boss
- Showed initiative
- Was in charge of X people
- Learned to do X
- Saved employer money by doing X instead of Y

Think of everything you're going to be doing in this new job that's different, and list a qualification. Think of everything you're going to be doing in this new job that's the same, and list experience doing it in a past job.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.