[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How terrible is my friends site?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: demo.png (77 KB, 1280x867) Image search: [Google]
demo.png
77 KB, 1280x867
How terrible is my friends site?
>>
>>2829
It's okay, actually.

I was thinking it was too edgy, but computer security is a bit more "underground" than other distance-learning subjects.

Good choice to use a CMS instead of reinventing the wheel.

No idea what the logo's meant to be, though. Maybe contract that out to some guy on fiverr.
>>
Not bad overall, looks a bit 2000s-y. Maybe drop the gradient on the navbar? Make it flat like the tabs or lower heading.
>>
- too dark
- where's all the stock photos of laughing businessmen
>>
>>2829
Text could do with some application of the "so fucking what" test*, and the tabs-within-tabs have got to go.

Re-write the content so it says the same thing in less space and doesn't need to be broken up into subtabs.

The headline "Training" is a waste of space: the user doesn't need a breadcrumb because they just arrived to the frontpage and they know it. That space should be your summary of your value proposition: "FreeCST offers free training in Computer Security". It's the first thing the user will read, so you want it to answer the question "what the fuck is this, and what can it do for me?".

* for each and every word, imagine someone asked you "so fucking what? Why does this word have to be there?". If you've not got an answer, the word has no business being there wasting your reader's attention. Example: "The lift is out of order; please use the other lift" --> "out of order".
>>
>>2924
This. Less is more. "Can this go?" if the answer is yes, it goes.

And I know they were all the rage years ago, but get rid of the "Training" dropdown menu. They're a nuisance on mobile devices (where you can't hover over a link) and usually there's a better alternative.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.