[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone suggest a serious anime with strong themes of making
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 201x251
Can anyone suggest a serious anime with strong themes of making something out of life.
Like welcome to the nhk except more feels.

Or something thats super powerful and sad, feeling depressed desu senpai
>>
File: 1445402886750.jpg (989 KB, 3283x2473) Image search: [Google]
1445402886750.jpg
989 KB, 3283x2473
Ping Pong
Kyousougiga
Texhnolyze
Baccano
Shigofumi
Aoi no Bungaku
Barakamon
Clannad
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
Ergo Proxy
Serial Experiments Lain
Trapeze
Tsukihime

This is a random sampling of good shit in your categories, I'm sure something here will interest you in particular.
>>
>>28225
Is it just me or are animes like these always mentioned whenever someone asks for serious animes? Is there a chart for these artsy/2deep4u/feelsy stuff?
>>
Check out Boku Dake ga Inai Machi from this season.

It has a melancholic feel to it and the 1st episode was pretty powerful. There is only 1 episode out so far.
>>
File: animu.jpg (3 MB, 2610x3700) Image search: [Google]
animu.jpg
3 MB, 2610x3700
>>28289
but anon, almost none of those are 2deep4u or artsy, just feelsy.

the artsy chart has none of these on it too, but the worthwhile one has quite a few of them so i'll post that despite it not really meeting OP's rec
>>
>>28222
Try out Charlotte and Angel Beats if you haven't already.

Charlotte made me tear up.
>>
>>28400
Charlotte was a massive disappointment for me, I wouldn't recommend it. It also doesn't relate to OPs request that much

Angel beats does relate to making something out of life, though in a different way
>>
Clannad Afterstory.
>>
Tatami galaxy
>>
>>28222
The last two episodes of Neon Genesis Evangelion, and NOT the End of Evangelion movie.

I recommend watching both episodes, and the movie, and then watching this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAMAwErYRpQ if you have any followup questions on what that all meant.
>>
File: 1395638066344.jpg (54 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1395638066344.jpg
54 KB, 1280x720
>>29115
This
Literally one of the only good anime
>>
>>28380
>claymore
cracks me up every time.
>>
>>29553
well, you know it was pretty good for half the show. that's why when it went to shit it feel so hard. kinda like soul eater.
>>
File: Shirobako_Promotional_Poster.png (414 KB, 342x512) Image search: [Google]
Shirobako_Promotional_Poster.png
414 KB, 342x512
Shirobako
>>
The Wind Rises and Mind Game are deep inspirational stories about living life to your own standards of perfection.
>>
>>28222
Ping Pong
>>
>>28222
Planetes
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.