[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Requesting a guide on how to change from win7 to arch linux.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (157 KB, 1365x761) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
157 KB, 1365x761
Requesting a guide on how to change from win7 to arch linux. I made the bootable usb now what
>>
>Restart your computer
>Hit the appropiate button to go into your BIOS, probably F12 or DEL, but it should say when loading up the computer
>Scoot your way over to Boot List
>Set BIOS to boot off USB before your HDD
>Save and exit
>Boot into USB
>>
>>2839
about to try this
>>
>>2839
>>2845
I tried this and it just said "Remove any usb or other media. Press any key to restart" then i had to go back to boot and do default configuration. Then windows wouldnt start so I had to do system restore.
>>
>Arch

Going straight into deep end OP? I wouldn't say that Arch is the best place to start with Linux.
>>
>>3005
You more than likely didn't make the USB properly then, if you can't boot off of it.

Personally, I use

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/universal-usb-installer-easy-as-1-2-3/

I'm also going to have to agree with >>3017, if you didn't know how to boot off a USB, you might not be prepared for Arch. Try Mint or Ubuntu instead.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.