[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Dell Inspiron Mini 1018 >Intel Atom N455 @ 1.66ghz >1gb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: dell-10181.jpg (102 KB, 490x394) Image search: [Google]
dell-10181.jpg
102 KB, 490x394
>Dell Inspiron Mini 1018
>Intel Atom N455 @ 1.66ghz
>1gb DDR3 RAM
>GMA 3150
>250gb storage
What's the best Linux distro that'll run reasonably fast on this machine?
>>
If you're new to Linux, use Mint or Ubuntu.
>>
>>27862
I'm mostly well versed in Linux, don't worry.
>>
you can try Sabayon.
>>
OpenSUSE with Xfce is pretty good for low end machines, and is alright for beginners and veterans alike

Lubuntu is good if you're stupid

You can try one of the really tiny linux distros if you really don't mind

Gentoo is a really good choice if you know exactly what you're doing and have patience

If you're really good at computer, you should look into Linux from scratch.
>>
>>27896
I should also add, that if you're going to want a graphical Desktop environment, Xfce and Lxde are reputable low end ones. I recommend Xfce over the other since it's more comfortable looking and simple, but that's just me.
>>
>>27864
Apparently not, else you wouldn't be asking these kind of questions.
>>
>>27857
I like Xubuntu, and it'd run okay on a machine like that. Memory is probably going to be your biggest concern, but Xubuntu uses like 150-300MB RAM idle.
web browsing with a recent Firefox is going to suck a bit though, both due to CPU speed and due to how little RAM the machine has
>>
>>27981
Doesn't Firefox have those extended support versions that are more lightweight?
>>
WHAHT
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.