[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am in Japan and have been invited as a guest speaker for an
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: microphone-with-audience.jpg (542 KB, 850x565) Image search: [Google]
microphone-with-audience.jpg
542 KB, 850x565
I am in Japan and have been invited as a guest speaker for an English speaking club for one hour and then an hour of answering questions. What topic should I make my speech?
They said no politics/religion/etc something not too difficult due to them all being non native English speakers, and something with perspective I can provide as a foreigner, American.
>>
>>27461
A 14 hour monologue about who is best girl.

>.. or similarities and differences between Japan and the US as seen by an American.
>>
>>27461
Bishies ^_^
>>
what does that even leave as a topic? pretty much just cultural high jinks, right? how rituals (shopping, learning, courtship, sports, humour, greetings, etc) differ between USA and Japan.

all serious topics banned and can't go into too much depth... that sucks, i can't think of any interesting topics. oh well, i'm sure they'll be entertained by whatever you baka gaijin come up with (and if not, they'll be polite enough to not say so).
>>
>>27461

1. The importance of staying well-hydrated.

2. The benefits of eating fish.

3. General talk about multivitamin pills.

4. Talk about Keto diets, those fat japs are sure to gobble that shit up.
>>
boy bands vs idol groups
>>
Talk about Japanese entertainment in the west and weeboo shit. Like scanlation and fansubbing. Japanese Video games getting censored and appropriated for western audiences. Make it interesting, they might hate you for talking about piracy and how the filthy gayjin are stealing all there stuff but It's interesting as fuck.

http://softwarestudies.com/Understanding_scanlation_2011.pdf
>>
Talk about 4chan and memes and how the western internet is different form the Japanese web. They should be familiar with it seeing as 2channel and 2chan/futaba is widely used in Japan
>>
>>27478
>1. The importance of staying well-hydrated.
This, OP. You must let them know that it is important to stay hydrated. For example, always drink water out of a mason jar. That way, you’ve got LOTS of water in one single vessel, and you will def be hydrated once you’ve polished it off.
>>
>>27461
>an English speaking club
Ask them what previous speakers have done. Go further and ask them what went down well, what didn't.
>>
>>27461
The pleasure of being cummed inside of course.
>>
Spend the entire time running up to the speaking watching Charles manson interviews. Do an impersonation for the the entire thing once it's time.
>>
How the fuck have you not prepared a topic with less than an hour to go?
>>
>>27751
Oh fuck, I misread that.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.