[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can I plug this into this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 65342523452345.png (923 KB, 1100x600) Image search: [Google]
65342523452345.png
923 KB, 1100x600
can I plug this into this?
>>
>>27390
Yes. You can safety plug it in. The cord is rated well over the needed power for the device. The Casio device can also operate at 120V, which means you can safely connect it to your mains.
>>
>>27392
is that how it works?
>>
If your country uses 120V, why not? It's a standard plug
>>
>>27776
I'm not quite sure what you are asking.

The socket and plug are both C13 connectors. The power cord can deliver 1250 watts of power. The Casio device only needs 30 watts of power. The power cord will work and will operate well below its maximum capacity.
>>
>>27776
Most places, yes.

In civilised countries, each power connector is keyed for what it can do, so it'll only go into things it's safe to plug it into. If it wouldn't be safe, it won't go in.

For example, the laptop mickey-mouse connector is for low-power devices. It won't plug into a kettle or a PC.

Conversely, the original Xbox 360 PSU got so hot it needed a high-temperature power lead. These leads look like yours, but they've got a cutout at the bottom that keys them as high-temperature. You can plug them into your Xbox and your PC, but you can't plug a PC lead into your Xbox.

Later consoles didn't use a ground-wire or a three-pin plug. They have a lead that's like yours, but without the ground hole. Again, you can use a PC lead instead of them (and it will go in and it will be safe), but you can't use them instead of a PC lead (it won't be safe, but it won't go in because the ground pin in the socket will stop it).
>>
>>27788
>>27934
>>27788
>>27392
updating you all
got the synth now, tested it out and it works, thanks brahs
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.