[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /wsr/. So recently I got a new, pre-built gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1448196823160.jpg (101 KB, 560x431) Image search: [Google]
1448196823160.jpg
101 KB, 560x431
I need help /wsr/. So recently I got a new, pre-built gaming PC and I'm using an LCD TV as the monitor. The whole setup has been working perfectly up until today. I turn it on, and the display is blurry and fuzzy, like I'm a little bit cross-eyed. So far, none of the resolutions work, and I've tried unplugging and plugging everything back in.

>Pic not related

Using Windows 8.1 by the way.
>>
>>27362
By unplugging and plugging, did you mean the internal components too? Try seeing if there is a loose connector.
>>
>>27367
Nope. I tried a new HDMI though, and it didn't work.
>>
>>27378
That's the problem with prebuilt PCs, they sometimes have a loose connection or two inside. Just to be sure, open it up and check too see if everything is connected properly.
>>
>>27385
do you know if his issue was ever resolved?
>>
>>27407
Nope.
>>
>>27362
power surge has damaged your tv. get a new one.
>>
>>27362
If it's a TV, it'll have all kinds of "mess up my picture for me and call it improved" modes.

You need to set the PC to the TV's native ("pixel") resolution, and then set the TV to not scale or postprocess it. On Samsung, not scaling is called "just scan", and not postprocessing is called "game mode".

Some TVs will switch postprocessing on automatically if they encounter an SD signal (such as your BIOS bootsplash), even if they're in hotel mode. These TVs are satan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.