[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I into touhou? Which games do I play? Where do I download
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 1443921309733.jpg (499 KB, 666x1000) Image search: [Google]
1443921309733.jpg
499 KB, 666x1000
How do I into touhou?

Which games do I play? Where do I download them? Should I care about the story? Controller or keyboard?
>>
Just pick any game besides Subterranean Animism and you'll be fine. I recommend Perfect Cherry Blossom since it keeps it simple while providing a good challenge and is just pretty representative of the series overall. There are downloads at http://moriyashrine.weebly.com/. After you've played a few games and can recognize the characters I recommend the fighting games (especially Hopeless Masquerade and Urban Legend in Limbo) because they're really fun.

The story is interesting if you're into Japanese mythology and there's a lot of lore you can read into outside of the games, but it's not important or anything, which is why a lot of people play them before they're even translated. The gameplay is the main appeal (and the god tier music, of course).

Keyboard controls are fine. Arrow keys, shift z x c. That's all you need.
>>
>>6762
And my mistake, you don't actually need C in the shmups, I got it mixed up.
>>
>>6742
You can start with any of tha main games really, since there's no much continuity outside of some recurring characters. If you want to know more about a character pick the game it's in. If you just want bullet hells then I'd recommend either the 6th, the 7th or the 8th.

The one from your picture is from the 15th, which can also be good if you just want to know what you are getting into since you have infinite lives in that one but the spellcards are a little harder than usual.

You can download most of them using some googling, anon.

As for the story there's not much to go on aside some few lines before the bosses, so don't worry about that.

I personally use Keyboard, but use whatever you normally use. You are going to need some practice anyway, so better use what you're familiar with.
>>
>>6742
Arcade Stick
>>
File: shiroutext.jpg (27 KB, 272x311) Image search: [Google]
shiroutext.jpg
27 KB, 272x311
games: http://touhounosekai.blogspot.com.ar/p/juegos-oficiales.html

I haven't played them in a lot of time, but for beginners I remember Perfect Cherry Blossom to be really easy.
Story is meh, you play it for the grills.
>>
>>6793
Yeah TH7(Perfect Cherry Blossom) is the best choice for a beginner who just getting into Touhou.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.