[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm watching samurai champloo for the first time. I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: index.png (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.png
12 KB, 300x168
I'm watching samurai champloo for the first time.

I'm pretty new to anime, i'm almost entirely caught up on naruto, about 200 episodes into one piece.

Was told to watch samurai champloo, it seems neat so far, watching ep. 1 right now.

I watched Zach bell a long time ago, but didn't really like it. Also liked the full metal alchemist a lot, but wasn't a fan of the english dub, which is easier for me to watch (i know i know) because I watch anime when i go to bed a lot, and i can't see the tv to read subs without glasses.

Any other recommendations for a relatively new anime watcher?
>>
>>25648
What about Elfen Lied?
>>
>>25651
Never watched it , i can take a look! I am new to this i really only know the popular ones, i think anyways
>>
File: Taiga2.png (868 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
Taiga2.png
868 KB, 2560x1600
>>25648
This will satisfy your needs: http://imgur.com/a/3tUcq
If you want more newpleb tier information see this "general" thread on it here: >>21462
also >>25651 isn't a bad idea I guess.
>>
>>25659
ok, for you i am thankful, this is very helpful for me :)
>>
>>25648
cowboy beebob and hellsing Yu Yu Hakusho
Space dandy have good dubs

not sure about dubs
Hunter x hunter is a good show. Attack on titan isnt a great show imo but I imagine its good for newfans
>>
>>25741
I watch attack on titan on adult swim, it seems nice
>>
>>25665
>:)
>>
>>25968
?
>>
>>25665
Hi, I can tell English isn't your first language. "For you I am thankful" sounds very awkward, a "thank you" is just fine to use most of the time.
>>
>>25743
If you like Attack on Titan I recommend a show called Seraph of the End. Similar premise but the writing is a lot better.
>>
File: Loli-sama.png (132 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
Loli-sama.png
132 KB, 500x369
>>26013
He's an /a/utistic elitist who knows that the anime Sekrit Club on 4chan doesn't allow using emoticons and you don't know it so basically he's trying to say "haha look people he's a newcomer let's bully him".

The anime board is full of a bunch of fucking idiots.

(Although it is gut-wrenchingly obvious how new to anime you are. I really haven't tried out Naruto but I just can't imagine watching 200 episodes of a "fighting teenagers" show bringing you forth very much in life. Then again I'm speaking as someone who watched all of Gintama.)

In the end of the day, watch whatever the fuck you enjoy. Could be about the daily life of school girls doing silly things like K-On! or Nichijou, could be about ultra-brutal crime, warfare and suffering like Fate/Zero or Psycho-Pass.

As a very general rule though, what tends to get popular among young adults in the west tends to be frequently of very low quality, because they gobble up edgy shit for being edgy and oh so mature. (Attack on Titan and Elfen Lied might be two examples, maybe, I haven't really watched the former and it's been 7 years I watched the latter, so I can't really judge.)

Browsing through all the shit in /a/ might give you some ideas on what's good after all, or not, I'm not sure. If I knew any good anime communities I'd tell you but I don't know any.
>>
>>25665
>:)
Go back to Reddit

>>26436
You too.
>>
>>26449
Redditors don't use emoticons. What are you talking about?
>>
>>26449
>if he hates /a/ he must be from Reddit.

You clearly haven't been on /a/ long enough.
>>
>>26536
That isn't why that poster said to go back to reddit. That poster was greentexting an emoticon, specifically this one :) and then telling them to go back to reddit. They made no mention of hating /a/. I invite you to please read more carefully before throwing out flippant accusations. You're a little on edge right now and it's helpful to take a deep breath and relax so that you can view the world more sensibly. Everybody makes mistakes. Thank you for trying to help make this board the best board it can be. In the future, please examine your actions and what effect they have on other people and see if that's what you're trying to accomplish or if you're working against your best wishes. Good luck out there.
>>
>>26539
Anon, I think it's you who needs to take deep breaths. What's ambiguous about

>[...]
>Go back to Reddit

>>>26436 (You)
>You too.

Clearly, they were telling me, the one complaining about /a/, to go back to Reddit, for no other reason than complaining about /a/.

And then you try to be all high and mighty. Sheesh, it's like I'm in kindergarten.
>>
>>25648
>>25652
>>25665
Heyo! Samurai champloo is very nice! You may like Gurren lagaan, but the dub isnt that great. Cowboy bebop has an excellent dub and its quite nice!
You may like seeing trigun as well. Its quite fun and the dub is very serviceable. I would suggest looking into some anime movies or ovas, as they tend to have both good scenarios and good dubs! plus they arent 200+ episodes (a plus for me, and when you have a lot of things to watch it will probably be a plus for you too).
>>
File: rec_chart_900.jpg (4 MB, 900x9222) Image search: [Google]
rec_chart_900.jpg
4 MB, 900x9222
>>25648
This one is pretty noob friendly, and yet devoid of most popular noobtraps.
>>
>>25648
Check out Soul Eater.
>>
>>25648
cowboy bebop you fool, can't believe they recommended you samurai champloo over it, it's not bad but cowboy bebop is one of the best (if not the best) anime ever made from the same creator.
>>
>>26188
no. that's fujoshi bait/shotacon/yaoi with a terrible story.
>>
File: 1444641706697.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444641706697.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>27211
Who made this? Was it you? It's pretty good.
>>
File: 1451772321963.jpg (319 KB, 700x800) Image search: [Google]
1451772321963.jpg
319 KB, 700x800
>>27567
>implying AOT isnt all those things as well
>>
File: proof.png (162 KB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
162 KB, 1920x1040
>>27810
Thanks. Anything you'd like to see changed?

At first these charts were posted here (on /a/) by other anons to be made fun of, but after a while (and proving that it's me) I've gotten some valuable input about my other works (pic related, old screencap of an outdated version of the other project). So if you have any objections about the rainbow-colored chart, go ahead.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.