[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A program I want to use has a free 30-day trial period with no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: tst-icon-large.png (4 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
tst-icon-large.png
4 KB, 124x124
A program I want to use has a free 30-day trial period with no form of identification required. Is it possible for me to find out where it's checking to see the current status of the trial in order to delete and reset it? I've tried using TrashReg to delete trashy registry keys but that hasn't worked.
>>
>>25062
uninstall as completely as you can then use system restore to revert your computer to an earlier point, before you installed it.
>>
>>25074
sadly i don't have a restore point available, i last used this program about a year ago and it didn't work at the time, though it has since been fixed
>>
>>25079
then you could try running it on a virtual machine
>>
>>25062
Pirate a copy of Revo Uninstaller Pro. That should do the trick. If not the only real option is to reinstall your OS. If it's not a hardware demanding program, install it in a virtual machine, use it for 30 days, make a new virtual machine for it after 30 days, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>25121
shit, i totally expected that to work, looked like it found a bunch of stuff but even after deleting that, restarting, then reinstalling it's still showing trial as expired, fuck

can't use a virtual machine as i need the program to interact with a database that's far too big to move to a vm :(
>>
>>25150
then your options are get another computer, pay for the program, find a crack, or find an alternative to the program.
>>
>>25157
how exactly can this program undetectably determine whether or not 30 days has passed since the trial began?
>>
>>25185
It buries shit in the OS and registry. Trial programs pissed me off so much when I was younger and didn't have a credit card.
>>
You can try to use Process Monitor.
>>
>>25185
well you could roll the clock back on the pc, works on adobe trials.
>>
>>25213
jeez, seems to show >11,000 registry operations performed, i guess in an attempt to mask where the actual key is...
>>
>>25228
didn't work
>>
>>25242
You aren't supposed to do it on your actual computer, there are a bunch of other softwares also editing the registry. Create a VM, install the software, open Process Monitor, run the software and see what did it change.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.