[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to read manga but have trouble reading on my pc(because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 20130707_180544.jpg (132 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
20130707_180544.jpg
132 KB, 600x800
I want to read manga but have trouble reading on my pc(because distractions and screen aspect ratio) or my phone(screen too small) to the point where I just lose interest because of the problems.
Also live in a country where manga is almost non-existent and the ones I'm interested in are too fucking expensive on ebay since I need it translated.
I'm guessing that leaves me to getting a tablet, but I have no idea what kind to look for.
I'd like the screen to be of decent size so I don't have to zoom in too much(so likely 7-8' +) and have good battery life. Other specs really don't matter since I'm going to use it almost exclusively for reading.
I also don't have that much money so won't be able to just whip out $300 on the spot for something this simple.
Any recommendations or pointers where to start looking for?
No Apple products and also I'm in Europe so the market is different, but atleast i can order from german Amazon
>>
File: 1448740035264.jpg (174 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448740035264.jpg
174 KB, 1920x1080
pls help ;_;
tl;dr need tablet for manga
only care about battery life + screen size
>>
>>24831
This is the kind of question you can just google.
Pretty much any tablet will work.
Recommendations seem to point to the Kobo Aura Digital Text Reader for just black and white, or otherwise the Nexus 7.
But honestly, if you are going to be dropping down 50-200 bucks on something, do some fucking research.
>>
LG V480
>>
>>24839
there's a lot of shit brands on this market so I like to ask around here to get some recommendations from people who hopefully own such a device and either recommend it or tell me to steer clear.
I can't take forums seriously, even after the OPs there state they want an android, there's atleast 5 people suggesting a fucking iPad.

still thanks
>>
ipad is best for reading manga, because it's the only tablet with an aspect ratio that matches the actual books.

Definitely don't get an e-ink reader (like the Kobo Aura Digital Text that >>24839 mentions) because the refresh is painfully slow. These readers are only good for text, not for images.

If you don't want an ipad, really just get the cheapest android tablet you can find, I don't think the model really matters. It just needs to display images and any tablet can do that easily.

Hayate would recommend a cheap used ipad.
>>
File: IMAG1030.jpg (2 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1030.jpg
2 MB, 1520x2688
I've started using a kindle for my manga, and I really like it. The battery last a really long time. Be sure to get one with a backlight.
>>24866
Mine refreshes pretty fast with about 30 manga chapters on it.
>>
Any real tablet will work
DO NO buy an ebook reader. The screen is really terrible for manga
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.