[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Foobar2k skins does anyone recommend? I would like one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8
File: Apps-Foobar-Metro-icon.png (8 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Apps-Foobar-Metro-icon.png
8 KB, 256x256
What Foobar2k skins does anyone recommend?

I would like one that has a large column for artists, one for albums, and another for tracks but also have a large Album Art spot. I'm not very familiar with how to customize it myself yet.

I use Zune right now and really love its design. If there's anything similar i'd like to know.
>>
Are you looking for a skin, or just for that specific layout. I could quickly help you set up the layout tree for something like that, so you could do it yourself.
>>
>>24904
either/or. A skin if there's one available, or a quick tutorial if not. I don't mind learning.

I found the Metro skin last night, which is Zune based and pretty nice looking, but it didn't want to seem to work with the newest version of foobar very well.
>>
>>25009
First off, I recommend getting columns_ui for much better customization.
>>
>>25018
I do have that
>>
>>25029
Alright. Cooking up a simple test layout.
>>
File: foobar6.png (575 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
foobar6.png
575 KB, 1200x720
Welp.
I've tinkered around, and I can't find a way that keeps the album list (middle) in album art view and not just a list of the album names. Filters are fucking annoying and intrusive.

The closest I can create that might satisfy you:
1. has two columns (left being a library browser in grid, right being the filtered songs)
OR
2. has three columns, but the middle album column will be a list like the artist list - and then the right column can have the songs grouped by album including album art at the top of a group.

I'll create version 2, since I assume that's closest to what you want. Version 1 is what I personally use (see pic).

Or you could just keep using zune I guess.
>>
File: foobar.png (139 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
foobar.png
139 KB, 1200x720
Here's the three column solution. The closest I can get to the zune layout, without even getting close...
This uses two filters and a NG Playlist.

I haven't cleaned it up at all, you'd want to remove all the panel captions and probably change the borders.

Don't worry about it if you don't want to use this by the way. If the zune layout is important, just keep using that.
>>
File: foobar2.png (39 KB, 744x543) Image search: [Google]
foobar2.png
39 KB, 744x543
>>25085
Here's the layout tree.
If you can't figure out the grouping in the NG Playlist, or how to make it show album art, or anything else really, feel free to drop me a message on last.fm/user/linushjalsted

If you want something more compact, the layout I use is great cause the library browser (the grid) is three-layered, so you can go from artists to albums to songs. Or you can start playing around with a screen just showing album art and a bit of info and another screen for browsing. Lots of possibilities.
>>
>>25075
>>25085
>>25090

Nice work; sorry for slow replying, was at work now going to bed. The layout tree makes me realize how this is actually supposed to work when you customize; I'll fiddle around with that and see what I can figure out and clean up #2 on my own.

You mentioned the filtered artist / album column in the one you use is layered. That's where you click on an artist and the column repopulated with albums, correct? That brings up something I noticed; the Metro skin did that but wouldn't let me go back to Artist from Album unless I searched for something. If I hit Back on my mouse, it just played the previous track. How does your layering work there, and would it be possible to get an export of your theme (#1)?
>>
>>25359
get Panel Stack Splitter (foo_uie_panel_splitter) and use those instead of every other splitter (except maybe tab stack if you want one of those). it's more powerful and compact, way easier to edit.

here's the picture tutorial for columns with panel stack splitter that got me started on foobar
https://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=109629
>>
File: flex___foobar_v_0_5_by_raknor.jpg (125 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
flex___foobar_v_0_5_by_raknor.jpg
125 KB, 1000x800
>>
>>24426
Not using a program that calls home.

Just fucking use Audacious. Or Clementine if you wanna use something much more feature-rich, but much more bloated too.
>>
musicbee looks good out of the box
>>
it really depends on what you want foobar to do - you can have a tiny design player or a huge media center, you can base it on albums or playlists, you can have it visual with images and covers or text based, you can make it fully-offline or include online content, you can display custom tags and ratings or just stick to basic info, etc etc

the amazing thing about foobar is, you can have it do almost anything imaginable and furthermore have it do it in exactly the way you want. the drawback is, you have to customise it heavily. but for me that's part of the fun. it takes days to fully develop a layout, but in the end you get exactly what you want. you fucking *own* the player.

i think, making a foobar layout is a very personal thing. i can't really recommend ready-made layouts. it really depends on what you want and what state your music collection is in.

for me, i wanted a player with an active playlist and a second playlist view at the same time where i can edit different playlists. and i wanted to control the path of the media library and playlists. foobar is the only player i found that does both. i'd still call myself a novice at foobar, but i'm already very happy with the results. it feels incredibly satisfying when you come up with an idea of what would make your player better and then... then you just *do* it! :-D

>>25435
>calls home
not sure you're even talking about foobar, but it definitely doesn't call home. i run a whitelist firewall and since installation foobar2000.exe has never even attempted to access the network.
>>
>>25435
>Not using a program that calls home.

install Chinese plugin for reading lyrics for his shitty animus songs

>hurr it's calling home

Or even worse you're just repeating what you've read on /g/
>>
File: Screenshot (35).png (286 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (35).png
286 KB, 1366x768
>>25075
What is that grid album art plugin? I feel like changing my layout.

>>25449
>it takes days to fully develop a layout, but in the end you get exactly what you want. you fucking *own* the player.
Fucking this. Pic related is my foobar layout. I like my foobar dark.

/wsr/-ing current foobar layout you guys using. I could use some inspiration.
>>
>>25359
>the Metro skin did that but wouldn't let me go back to Artist from Album unless I searched for something. If I hit Back on my mouse, it just played the previous track. How does your layering work there, and would it be possible to get an export of your theme (#1)?
If it also uses the Es Playlist plugin as I do, the way it works is that you click on content to go deeper and you click on a group header to go up. I have it set to use middle-click to go between levels, and then double click adds the entire section (often just an album) to my playlist.
But I don't exactly know what metro does, haven't used the skin.

>>25475
EsPlaylist set to layered view.
>>
>>25368
Huh, that's indeed really nifty. Dunno why I haven't been using that before.
>>
>>25477
>EsPlaylist set to layered view.
Any good tutorial on configuring it? I remember trying to use it but giving up and returned to NG Playlist
>>
>>25477
>EsPlaylist
is there any difference between EsPlaylist and ELPlaylist? same author and EL seemed better documented, so i'm using that. but back when i decided between the two i couldn't figure out what the difference was... i don't use album art and text based i have yet to run into anything EL can't do...
>>
>>25483
Dunno if there is one, and I believe it's developed by some japanese guy.
Once you have it in your foobar, right click the EsPlaylist.
You will have these three context menu options:
>Grouping
>Browse
>Options

Grouping lets you select how many layers you want and how those groups behave (I have it set to Album Artist / Album, which gives me three layers since the song layer is implied in all groupings).
If you right click, choose grouping and click preferences, you'll be taken to the EsPlaylist preferences in the normal preferences window. Here you can customize the different grouping options, as well as behavior of the playlist itself.
In the Grouping tab of the preferences, you have the option of editing your presets. Selecting in the dropdown menu or making new ones don't apply it to your current EsPlaylist, it's just an editing tool. The playlist's actual grouping view is only changed through right click > grouping.

>>25484
Not sure, haven't tried ELPlaylist.
>>
>>25486
Just downloaded both ES Playlist EL Playlist and see that the last update is 2011. Shit is old.

Speaking of which, any recommended newer plugin? Haven't following foobar scene for a few years.

>>25484
From my quick playing around, ES playlist is purely GUI driven while EL playlist is the script driven one.

While ES is easier to use, EL give a lot more flexibility.

At least that is my take on it.
>>
>>25497
thank you for the research. i can definitely confirm EL being script driven and incredibly flexible.

i specifically like that it pretty much has the same GUI and script capability as Panel Stack Splitter (again, same author i believe) and that made for great synergy for a noob like me. plus i've since used a ton of functions provided by ELplaylist even outside the playlist ($font, $drawtext, $gettextwidth, etc). the (badly translated) reference was very handy:
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/ELplaylist_panel_(foo_uie_elplaylist)
>>
File: Screenshot (37).png (348 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (37).png
348 KB, 1366x768
Just tried Panel Stack Splitter. Holy shit, where have I been all this time. Even this crudely thrown away layout is better than whatever I created before. I'll never come back to vanilla CUI again after this.

>>25504
>http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/ELplaylist_panel_(foo_uie_elplaylist)
Got that link a few moment ago. Yeah, that docs is so handy.
>>
>>25506
>I'll never come back to vanilla CUI again after this.
oh hell yeah. every Stack Panel Splitter has a script tab and therefore basically is a huge drawing area you can fill with whatever the fuck you want

once i figured that out a quick §drawtext with "%playback_time% / %length%" into the "per second" tab put a nice playtime counter right beside my seek bar - something i found was always missing. it seems stupid to have the counter inside the playlist - why waste space on every track when you can just do it once like every other player? it's not like several tracks are going to play simultaneously...

this is why i've quickly grown to love foobar. those little "holy shit - I'M GOD, I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT" moments are so precious :-)
>>
speaking of seek bar... does anyone have experience with making a custom seek bar? it's the next thing on my list, i really dislike the default one. i'm looking for good tutorials.

alternatively: anyone has any experience with Waveform Seekbar? omg, soooo pretty! but it seems like a hassle to set-up with portable foobar installations, what with all the external dlls and caches... i'm also unsure of the resource requirements. i like foobar being lightweight and i'm not sure i need a fancy Direct3D plugin just for my seekbar. dat visual though, dat beautiful visual...
>>
>>25514

>>25537

I guess you need to ask reddit ;9
>>
File: 1427293306765.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1427293306765.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
I saw a guy on /g/ having a very cool skin, whenever I saw him posting again I asked for it to no avail, can somebody help?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.