[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/mu/sic Recommendation General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 1421426888121.jpg (136 KB, 520x520) Image search: [Google]
1421426888121.jpg
136 KB, 520x520
Do you want to know more artists that sound like Neutral Milk Hotel?
Do you want to know more unknown artists to fill up your charts with obscure shit?
Well, you came to the right place.

>how do i get into X artist/genre?
Check those pages
http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Essential_Charts
http://4chanmusic.wikia.com/wiki/Flowcharts
If there isn't any chart about that, ask here.

>where do I download X?
Rutracker
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/ (use 'artist name - album name MEGA')
What.cd
Soulseek

>how do i discover music?
Last.fm (even if now the website is shit, the rec system is still good)
Rate Your Music

>what media player should i use?
Foobar2k

>which one is better, FLAC or 320 mp3?
Use FLAC only if you have good media hardware (it's impossible to notice FLAC quality on 20$ headphones)
>>
File: 1441154544350.png (220 KB, 349x346) Image search: [Google]
1441154544350.png
220 KB, 349x346
>>23977
other /mu/tant here, literally why?
>>
File: 1444912828766.png (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
1444912828766.png
1 MB, 1280x1280
>>23984
/mu/ is a shithole now, full of fags with twitter jokes and SJW.
You can't ask for any rec, because you get meme'd to death with meme bands and p4k.
The mods don't do shit btw, and there are a lot of useless tripfags (i'm a tripfag, but at least i try to help people instead of circlejerking with my RYM friends)
>>
>>23977
>Do you want to know more artists that sound like Neutral Milk Hotel?
no, because they're fucking awful
>>
>>24591
exactly, who wants to listen to brickwalled shit under the pretense of "lofi".
>>
Reqing large/expansive albums (preferably post-rock) with a sort of common theme across them, such as LYSFLATH or Soundtracks for the Blind. Please tell me if this makes no sense
>>
/r/inging artist like Elliott Smith but less /mu/core
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.