[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need help please. Trying to make webms from a wmv, but it crashes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: cv5AuEu.png (51 KB, 554x554) Image search: [Google]
cv5AuEu.png
51 KB, 554x554
Need help please. Trying to make webms from a wmv, but it crashes every time. I am using the latest version of Webm for Retards/Bakas. Is there anyone who knows what I need to do to stop it from crashing, or where to download an older version (I'm on a new PC, and my old dead PC had an older version that worked with wmv's). Thanks for any help...
>>
>>23243
Last time I made a Webm I used WebM Converter. A quick Google search lead me to its new page here:

https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Not sure how good or bad it is now. It worked for me in July at least.
>>
>>23282
>https://gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter
Thanks, yeah that's what I'm using. Crashes every time I try to convert a wmv. Guess I'm gonna have to convert to mp4, then to webm.
>>
>>23243
ffmpeg -i bullshit.wmv -an -c:v libvpx bullshit.webm
>>
>>23376
Can you dumb this down a bit?
>>
>>23384
It's commandline. You need to have your ffmpeg installation folder in your PATH (assuming you're on Windows), then you need to open up Command Prompt and navigate to where the WMV you want to convert is located. Then, enter that command, replacing "bullshit.wmv" with whatever the actual name of it is.
>>
>>23384
1. Go here and download the "64-bit Static" (gray button on the top right of the downloads list). You will need 7-zip to open the archive
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/
2. Click on the first folder inside it and navigate to "bin" directory, then drag out the "ffmpeg.exe" executable file, you can put it near the video file you're trying to convert to make this less complicated (or, if you do this often enough, put it in some folder and add that folder to PATH enviroment variable, this is optional)
3. I recommend you to rename your video file to something like 1.wmv to make it easier to type later
4. In the next step we're going to open a black scary-looking command prompt window. The easiest and simplest way to open it is navigating to a folder in explorer, clicking "file" from the top menu below the window title, and clicking "Open command prompt". Another way to do the same is by deselecting all files in the directory, shift+right clicking on empty space and clicking "Open command window here"
5. In the opened window type whatever I posted in >>23376

Here's what each of the commands do:
> ffmpeg : shorthand for ffmpeg.exe, opens the executable file and passes the parameters defined afterwards
> -i bullshit.wmv : the -i defines the input file that is passed directly afterwards, if your filename has spaces you have to enclose it with quotes (you can also use 8.3 filenames for that instead), always define this first unless you know what you're doing
> -an : disables audio, if you are going to post the webm on /wsg/ or /gif/, you can remove this option
> -c:v libvpx : ffmpeg defaults to VP9 codec when converting to webm, which is not supported on 4chan, so you have to tell the converter to encode it in VP8 instead. You can see it as being short for "Codec for Video is libvpx"
> bullshit.webm : output file, put this after everything else. Like input file, you have to add quotes if the resulting file needs to have spaces
>>
>>23391
If you want to cancel the currently converting file, press Q on your keyboard. After that you can press UP keyboard button to find the previous typed command, so if something went wrong you can fix it without typing everything again
>>
>>23391
>>23392
Thank you! Is there a way to trim the video down using this method?
>>
>>23397
If you want further help with ffmpeg you can append "ffmpeg" along with your search query in google. But to answer your question:
-ss [HH:]MM:SS[.m] (parts in square brackets is optional, you don't need to add the brackets themselves) : this defines the starting point of the video. Add this parameter BEFORE "-i"
-to [HH:]MM:SS[.m] : alternative command. this defines the end point of the input file, put this command anywhere between input and output
-t [HH:]MM:SS[.m] : can be used intead of -to, this defines the duration of the resulting video

Here's one more useful command
-v:q [1-31] (don't add square brackets) : control the resulting video quality. The closer this number is to 31, the worse is the quality, but filesize should be much smaller (most boards have 2 to 3 MB limit)
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.