[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anime and Manga Recommendation General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66
File: amrg.png (1 MB, 1861x976) Image search: [Google]
amrg.png
1 MB, 1861x976
Half the catalog is this shit, lets fix that.

>i'm out of the loop
>never watched a chinese cartoon before
>just want something decent to watch
>how do you tell a story with a mango
Take a look at this and see if anything catches your eye: imgur.com/a/3tUcq

>i watched X, want more like it
>i'm looking for something that features X themes
>i want something in this genre
Go ahead and post your specific request in this thread, I'll do my best to answer as I imagine others will.

If this gets decent traction I'll go ahead and write a pastebin that answers frequently asked specific requests, but for the time being just this should suffice.
Also, if you have any decent charts please post them in the thread and I'll add them to the album.
>>
>>18978
Quality thread right here. Thank you, dear bro/wsr/.
>>
File: Manga List.jpg (432 KB, 650x1731) Image search: [Google]
Manga List.jpg
432 KB, 650x1731
>>18978
Hey, /wsr/. What should I read next? I realized I don't read manga as much as watching anime, which is odd, because I read in an average speed and can finish something like JJBA: SBR in like 3 days. I want a lot of recs on quintessential manga that I missed out on.

Also I'm currently going to read Oyasumi Pun Pun. After that I'm reading Not Simple, Saikyou Densetsu Kurosawa, Takemitsu Samurai, Blame, then Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou.
>>
File: 1441485782815.png (400 KB, 450x720) Image search: [Google]
1441485782815.png
400 KB, 450x720
I don't get it. Half of the catalogue is anime recommendation threads, the purpose of this board, and you want to 'fix' this?
>>
>>18994
Maybe we should have a Manga/Anime Rec general or something?

We should have some generals in /wsr/.
>>
>>18978
I like this thread. Keep it up, anon.
>>
>>18978
Anime recs is one of the main purposes of this board. Fuck generals.
>>
File: 1284751708378.jpg (3 MB, 2610x3700) Image search: [Google]
1284751708378.jpg
3 MB, 2610x3700
>>18978
This chart was always great for me because instead of just giving me a title and a cover, it gives a short summary too. Gives a much better idea of what I'm getting into. And the selection is pretty much all good aside from a few exceptions.
>>
>>18994
>>19016
Because having a trillion threads that are about essentially the same thing with a bit of variance ends up being clutter.
Think of all the other requests that those threads push out of existence, are they worth less than a simple short request for recommendations that you could simply post here instead?

It's just more organized this way, I think.

>>18993
Please look at the album I linked to in the OP, there's a great deal of classics and general recommendations in those charts.
If you're looking for something more specific, feel free to ask.

>>19020
Thank you, I'll get all the charts that get posted and make a new album in a while.
>>
This should be a sticky.
>>
>>19025
>Think of all the other requests that those threads push out of existence, are they worth less than a simple short request for recommendations that you could simply post here instead?
Yes. They are worth less because one of the two purposes of this board was to move rec threads off /a/.
>>
>>19035
The name of the board is Worksafe Requests, not Anime Requests.
>>
Looking for manga with traps "heroine" and male Mc, preferably with romance. I'm reading Prunus Girl and this is the kind of thing I want.
>>
I don't want to make a new thread so I'll ask here.
I'm looking for a doujin "about a gyaru who saved the beta's life after he was dumped by his ex gf". I saw the description on /a/ but can't find it with only that information
>>
>>19025
I don't really think that anime threads are really pushing other threads out of existence. I can however see why aesthetically you wouldn't like it or think that it's otherwise functionally inferior, although I do disagree. I think that if people want to have a dedicated thread for anime stuff, that's fine, but if people don't want to use it, then that's fine too, and I don't think that people are really doing anything wrong by posting threads asking for anime recommendations.
>>
>>19035
I don't see how having a single dedicated thread for this goes against the idea behind the board.
It's not like I'm trying to get rid of anime requests in the board, I'm just trying to order things a bit.

>>19056
>I don't really think that anime threads are really pushing other threads out of existence.
They literally are, though.
This isn't a forum, this is an imageboard; every time a thread gets created another one gets deleted.

>I think that if people want to have a dedicated thread for anime stuff, that's fine, but if people don't want to use it, then that's fine too
I wholeheartedly agree. If this thread dies a silent death I wont even attempt to make another one like it, I just think it's worth giving it a go. I really am not trying to force anything here.
>>
Which is the best manga reader for PC?
>>
File: 1399330679786.jpg (70 KB, 413x319) Image search: [Google]
1399330679786.jpg
70 KB, 413x319
>>19025
I support this idea. While I'm fine with people making threads for specific requests such as "give me a show like X" or "what are shows in X genre". What I don't like is "give me Chinese cartoon plox :D". A sticky would be useful on cutting down some of the unnecessary work but it shouldn't stop us from answering questions.

After having recommended the same shows repeatedly, I think we need a better system, lest I start foaming at the mouth if I have to type the same show names everyday for the rest of my life.
>>
>>19069
Most people I know use Honeyviewer, and from my limited experience with it it seemed pretty decent, couldn't tell you if there's a better alternative.

>>19070
If a sticky with general recommendations was made it would invalidate part of the board's purpose.
Why not just put it on /a/ in the first place and just keep this board for actual requests or people asking for sauce?

I really don't disagree with you though, making a sticky makes a lot more sense than this, it's just that this board's implementation is a bit messy and the best course of action isn't clear.
>>
>>19069
I don't have much experience with that, but what you're looking for is probably one of these:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Windows_software#Image_viewers
>>
File: im crazy.jpg (24 KB, 302x216) Image search: [Google]
im crazy.jpg
24 KB, 302x216
>>18978
>>18978
Good thread OP.
Can someone recommend me manga similar to yokohama kaidashi kikou
>>
>>19093
The author's other works, Kabu no Isaki and Kotonoba Drive

Other than that I have no idea
>>
>>19093
You're a cool guy.
If you're looking for stuff that embodies mono no aware, my personal all time favorite is Aruku Hito, though it's a one-shot.
A lot of the stuff in the iyashikei chart in the album in the OP kinda fits into this, too, so do look up whichever looks appealing to you.
>>
File: gotta go fast.gif (872 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
gotta go fast.gif
872 KB, 500x349
>>19104
>>19108
thanks for the help. I'll start reading aruko hito and then the author's other works.
>>
File: template1.jpg (690 KB, 1840x1000) Image search: [Google]
template1.jpg
690 KB, 1840x1000
Cool thread, OP

It seems we are in sore need of newer anime recommendation chart. I think I'll go ahead and create a new chart while we're at it. Pic related is quick mockup of the chart for 2011-2015.

Feel free to chime in if there is worthwhile shows that should go inside the chart.

Also, you are a huge faggot if you think Shirobako isn't worthwhile.

>>19093
Aria. That is the queen of healing story.
>>
File: 80s90sOVAs.jpg (288 KB, 1389x671) Image search: [Google]
80s90sOVAs.jpg
288 KB, 1389x671
>>18978
I like the way you think OP. Been here helping people out recommending the same shit.

Anyways I'm looking for more 80s-90s OVAs to watch. Almost done watching everything in my folder. In addition to this I own Devilman, and Megazone 23 on dvd and Rurouni Kenshin Trust and Betrayal on BD
>>
>>19145
I'll look up the list of stuff that has aired in this period and post the ones I consider remarkable in half an hour or so.
Thank you kindly for the effort, I really appreciate it.
>>
>>18993
Yotsubato. As in, right now, but only one or two chapters at a time.
>>
File: 1450974336767.jpg (1 MB, 1682x1080) Image search: [Google]
1450974336767.jpg
1 MB, 1682x1080
>>19148
Someone on /a/ already tried to create a chart before, but to no one surprise /a/ just told him to fuck off.

Also posting some other charts that is not in the gallery yet.
>>
File: 1451070471929.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1949) Image search: [Google]
1451070471929.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1949
>>19155
>>
File: 1451291150138.jpg (3 MB, 2500x2800) Image search: [Google]
1451291150138.jpg
3 MB, 2500x2800
>>19156
/m/ approved chart
>>
File: manga_rec.png (439 KB, 2180x2497) Image search: [Google]
manga_rec.png
439 KB, 2180x2497
>>19158
Some dude manga rec
>>
File: fantasy anime list.jpg (3 MB, 1360x3730) Image search: [Google]
fantasy anime list.jpg
3 MB, 1360x3730
>>19161
Fantasy list. Haven't updated for a while.
>>
File: old_anime_recommendation.jpg (862 KB, 1410x2820) Image search: [Google]
old_anime_recommendation.jpg
862 KB, 1410x2820
>>19163
Old, 20 century stuffs. >>19146 might find this interesting.
>>
File: recmanga 3.jpg (2 MB, 1490x5757) Image search: [Google]
recmanga 3.jpg
2 MB, 1490x5757
>>19166
And for the closing, the latest chart coming out of /a/

It is dead in the midnight in my place. I'll check again in a few hours.
>>
>>19145
These are all the shows from these five years, excluding sequels to stuff that aired before 2011, that I consider to be of decent quality and of cultural importance to /a/:

>Anohana
>[C]
>Hyouge Mono
>Nichijou
>Fate/Zero
>Steins;Gate
>Yuru Yuri
>Ben-to
>Un-Go
>Nichibros
>Hyouka
>Nyaruko
>Tsuritama
>Jinrui
>Psychop Ass
>Shinsekai Yori
>Uchouten Kazoku
>Non Non Biyori
>Mikakunin
>Ping Pong
>Nozaki-kun
>Space Dandy
>Amagi Brilliant Park
>OPM

I have to admit a couple of those really weren't important, but I love them too much not to include them. Similarly, I fucking hate a few of them, but they were fairly important. Hope I didn't miss anything.
>>
>>19171
I love you, thank you so much.
Downloaded all of these, I'll wait until this time tomorrow to make a new album just in case someone else posts more stuff.
The long list of manga recommendations is fucking fantastic, hadn't seen it before.
>>
Please recommend me some good Anime, I just started getting into it.
So far I've seen:
Angel Beats
K-On
Highschool DxD
Ranma 1/2
And I just finished Season 1 of Spice and Wolf.

I liked all the ones I've seen so far a lot.
I'd be interested in more fantasy/medieval, comedy, slice of life, romance and/or ecchi anime.
I've also been putting off watching shows with subs so if possible, please recommend Anime that has been dubbed.
I hope you can help me /wsr/.
>>
>>19213
Consider reading the thread, friend.
>>
>>19214
There is so many to choose from though and not only do I hate making decisions, I also would prefer a direct recommendation of something based on the little background in anime I have.
>>
>>19216
Your background offers no valuable information, you've just watched whatever you came across that didn't seem like dogshit.
You're also limiting yourself to dubbed content, with which I honestly can't help you, as English isn't my native language and I have no idea what's available in that market.
Also, if you picked ten shows from any point in time randomly, seven or eight of those would fit into your interests; there really isn't much to go on from.

If you're not comfortable with making your own decisions and with all this said you still want someone to point you in a specific direction, the very best recommendation I can give you is to fully immerse yourself in the brilliantly designed world of Boku no Pico, a true masterpiece of our time which I'm sure you will enjoy in a deep and personal level, as it appeals to gigantic faggots like you.
>>
Im looking for music oriented anime that has guitars. I can swallow any genre.
Help would be appreciated.
>>
>>19239
Only ones that comes to mind besides the obvious K-on are Detroit Metal City and Nana, though the josei on the latter might be outside your comfort zone.
There's plenty more, I'm sure, but nothing else comes to mind.
>>
I don't need specific titles, but I wanna hear your guys' favourite directors, especially outside of the obvious ones. Episode directors are cool too. Anyone with a distinctive style.
>>
>>19265
I'm a bit ashamed to admit I don't know much about directors in this scene, only one that really comes to mind is Yuasa.
I generally think more about the source material and the studio to estimate the likely quality of something I haven't seen, like I would with directors for live action movies or TV shows.

You seem to know about this quite a bit more than me, would you mind telling me what you would've responded to your post if it wasn't yours?
>>
Can anybody recommend me an anime similar to the Monogatari series and Mekakucity Actors? Something with that kind of experimental art style and dialogue.
>>
>>19280
Those two were both made by studio SHAFT, who tend to do that kinda stuff and generally produce high quality material, even if some people talk shit about it.
Here's the stuff they've done, I'd recommend pretty much all of it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaft_%28company%29#Produced_series
>>
>>19269
Yuasa's definitely good. Watch all his stuff if you haven't. My favourite director is Naoko Yamada because I adored K-On! and TLS; she's got a great feel to her work, like American indie film. Obviously Miyazaki and Takahata, the latter especially is probably my favourite film director. Of course gotta mention Kon when talking about movies, also Hosoda, Hara and Katabuchi are good. Oshii is always there on "best of" lists but I've only seen Ghost in the Shell. Been going through old Dezaki shows lately, he's got a great style too.

I'm new to all this stuff too, all these guys can be found by googling around for them or lurking /a/ for any period of time. Trying to find smaller names to watch out for. Like Itsuki Imazaki had a show last season, he's very distinctive. And Nakamura (Aiura) has one starting in winter, from what I've seen his shows are very colourful with gorgeous watercolour backgrounds.
Besides them I can namedrop small time indie guys but I'm mostly interested in auteurs within the commercial sphere.
>>
This thread is a good idea.
>>
Where does TSF Monogatari fit into things?
>>
File: anime chart.jpg (830 KB, 1193x3375) Image search: [Google]
anime chart.jpg
830 KB, 1193x3375
>>18978
>>
>>19338
You'll have to add some context to that question if you want it answered.
>>
>>19166
Thanks bro seen about 75% of the OVAs on that chart so now I'm downloading the rest. Much appreciated
>>
File: yojouhan-shinwa-taikei-top.jpg (157 KB, 1280x1080) Image search: [Google]
yojouhan-shinwa-taikei-top.jpg
157 KB, 1280x1080
Any anime similar to the tatami galaxy ?
Thanks
>>
File: kuuchuu_buranko_wallpaper_6.jpg (261 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
kuuchuu_buranko_wallpaper_6.jpg
261 KB, 1024x768
>>19435
Kuuchuu Buranko
>>
>>19435
Look up the rest of Yuasa's work, it's all relatively similar.
>>
Just finished a 192GB torrent of nothing but unsorted manga, now I just need to figure out what to read
>>
>>19020
thanks man, I've been looking for something to watch and that chart sold me on Real Drive
>>
File: akyuu_001.jpg (105 KB, 800x684) Image search: [Google]
akyuu_001.jpg
105 KB, 800x684
>>19145 Here

>>19187
>excluding sequels to stuff that aired before 2011
I forgot to mention this before. Glad that you catch that.

Thanks for the list, that is really helpful. My goal here is to create a chart that is accessible to everyone, so unfortunately some entry you mention like Nyaruko won't make the cut.

>>19239
Beck. That shit is good. The english dub is also fucking great.
http://myanimelist.net/anime/57/Beck

>>19265
I like the work of Rie Matsumoto (Kekkai Sensen, Kyousougiga). She has a knack for interesting cinematography.

>>19624
For starter you should narrow it down: what kind of story you want to read.
>>
Great, just what this site needs, more fucking generals. Why don't you all just drown yourselves in your own shit already?
>>
>>19166
>escaflowne in fantasy instead of mecha
>dunbine in mecha instead of fantasy
why the arbitrary division
>no hokuto no ken
yikes
>>
>>19830
>what kind of story you want to read.

This is really what my problem is. I wanted to read another fantasy story, something like Chaika the Coffin Princess, but now I've gotten 46 chapters in Bartender. Sci-Fi is probably out, the closest I've gotten to that sort of thing is Trigun which I liked.

I don't really plan on downloading anything else, and I can't really post a list of all the manga the torrent very easily (there's 569 of them), so I'll just link the /t/ thread it came from:

>>>/t/609015
>>
>>19830
Oh yeah, I like Matsumoto. Kyousougiga was excellent. I had a lot of problems with Kekkai Sensen, but looking at the shots alone was fun. Haven't lost faith in her yet, hopeful for whatever comes next. I thiiink she's doing one of the Bones shows next year?
I'll contribute to your modern anime list thingy once I get some time to organize my thoughts later. I always wanted something like that too. TV only?
>>
>>19855
I just checked every files, but the fantasy stuffs I would recommend (Berserk, Claymore) isn't there. I see there is Akumetsu there, I think you should try reading that. IIRC that is an acclaimed Manga. Haven't read that myself, so I can't really comment anything about it.

If you fine with newer manga, there is some interesting fantasy manga like "Mahou Tsukai no Yome" and "Dungeon Meshi". There are still mid-20 chapters out.

>>19862
>I had a lot of problems with Kekkai Sensen
I think that is more problem on the Nightow side. She polish that average manga into that good package. That is quite achievement, I would say. The fact that the ending have to be changed due to the crazy sales doesn't help too.

> I thiiink she's doing one of the Bones shows next year?
Don' think so, i haven't heard her tied with any new project yet.

>
I'll contribute to your modern anime list thingy once I get some time to organize my thoughts later. I always wanted something like that too. TV only?
Thanks. For now just stick with TV series. The amount of good TV series in 5 years is mind-boggling, and filtering the great from the good will be hard.
>>
>>19893
Thanks for tips, I'll have to check those out.
>>
File: 1280x720-1AI.jpg (79 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-1AI.jpg
79 KB, 1280x720
Hey /wsr/
I started Boku no Hero Academia after hearing about it in a recommendation thread here.
But now I'm all caught up and I'm starved for a new manga.

I'm mostly into shonen that have worlds filled with diverse and unique powers.
Some of my favorites include:

Konjiki no Gash Bell
Psyren
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
One Punch Man (both the webcomic and the manga)
JoJo

I've picked up Fire Brigade of Flames as well but I've run into the same problem as Academia.
>>
>>19166
>Gunbuster
>No neon gensis
>>
Just finished Shokugeki No Souma after a two day binge. Loved it. I'd love something similar; something funny and uplifting that isn't moestuff.
>>
This is slightly off-topic, but what programs do you guys use to read manga?
I've just been using the built in image viewer, but it's not that great.
>>
>>18998
NO
NO
NO
NO GENERALS faggot
>>
>>18998
Generals devolve into faggotry, I'd much rather not.
>>
>>19952
Honeyview.
>>
>>19962
Thanks, it's not that much better, but I'll take any improvement
>>
File: template2.png (876 KB, 1840x1551) Image search: [Google]
template2.png
876 KB, 1840x1551
Work in progress. I am struggling to find short, concise, and not-to-spoilery description for MadoMagi. If you have some idea, please do share it.
>>
File: 1265428874302.jpg (2 MB, 2145x3350) Image search: [Google]
1265428874302.jpg
2 MB, 2145x3350
This is the most recent anime recommendations chart that I saved from /a/. To my knowledge, there are no newer revisions (of this exact format; of course there are many other charts from different authors, made in completely different styles).

I don't really want to use any other chart, due to its simplicity. It doesn't try to convince me to watch something with synopses and descriptions, it's just a picture and a title. I really like how in-your-face it is, like "Just watch these shows. You don't deserve a fucking explanation, just watch 'em."

I saved this chart around 5 years ago, and it's served me quite well. Despite that, I do believe it's long overdue for an overhaul. So I've decided to tackle a small project of my own, that is, revising this chart.

To cut a long story short, I have a /wsr/ of my own here. I could use some help with recommendations.
>What would you add to this chart (preferably 2010 to 2015 anime)
>What would you remove from this chart (try to be as unbiased as possible)
>>
>>19973
>it's not that much better
I'd like to know what kind of image viewer your computer came with, because when I first tried Honeyview, the difference between it and my usual image viewer was as different as night and day.
>>
>>19977
Shirobako is the only good anime in this

descriptions are cringe worthy what fucking language is the madoka one even in
>>
>>19977
>THE idol anime show
>not Perfect Blue
>>
>>19952
CDisplayEx for PC and Perfect Viewer for Android.
>>
>>18978
requesting Toradora manga update

last english translation is stuck at chapter 49
>>
>>19983
Yeah, i think about it in like 5 minutes, of course it is cringeworthy. I think I'll just cut that shit out.

Anyway, you get some idea? Would love to hear some input about it.
>>
>>19982
It's just the default Windows 10 one, although as I use it does seem better and better.

>>19893
I decided to start with Akumetsu, and it's pretty solid. Over the top, but still a good read
>>
>>19992
According to a few sources, the manga is still being published.

Both the anime and the LN were done back in 2009.

What the hell is there left to do in the manga?
>>
>>19983
>he doesn't know Latin

Grow up.
>>
>>20000
>knowing a virtually dead language
nice quads tho
>>
>>19931
>disliking gunbuster
>>
>>20025
the last ep is the only good thing in it, the rest is painfully boring
>>
>>20027
The only boring episodes are the first two, even then it's because it's dedicated entirely to the setting and characters.
>>
I need some hot blooded stuff I have watched TTGL and G Gundam beyond that I probably haven't watched it
>>
>>20038
Kill la kill
Jojo
you could also watch Gundam IBO, it looks promising (it's currently airing).
>>
>>20044
>kill la kill
kill your self
>JoJo
anime is shit, manga are the only way to go.
>any Gundam from the last 10 years
kek
>>
File: List pic.png (11 KB, 287x515) Image search: [Google]
List pic.png
11 KB, 287x515
What should I watch anons? Attached is a list of everything i've watched, top to bottom for favorite to least favorite.

I'm thinking of DRRR or The Fate prisma spinoff shit but idk.

Most recent show I watched was K-on and I fucking loved it. Was smiling the whole time while watching it. I liked railgun for the same reason, and it also had a super cool setting with cool powers and shit.
>>
File: 1450597897052.png (227 KB, 502x354) Image search: [Google]
1450597897052.png
227 KB, 502x354
>>19927
It's not exactly a shonen but Raildex has a ton of super fucking cool powers. Accelerators vector control, teleportation, electromagnetism ect. What I like is how they use the powers creatively. Gr8 show
>>
>>20049
Why is NHK that low, it's the only good anime on there.
>>
>>19999
Both manga and the anime are separate adaptation of the LN, that's why the manga update is slow(manga started 2008).

As far as I know the raw has just finished this year's July or June.
>>
>>20053
I just didn't see the point. I get why some people like it but meh, it just seemed boring and pointless to me.
>>
>>20056
>i didn't see the point
Are you stupid? It's a painfully simple show. Even so how the fuck did you like it less than SAO, One Joke Man, Tokyo Edge, No Game No Life, and the rest of that trash
>>
>>20049
Jesus, this list is awful, please go back to Reddit or MAL
>>
File: 1450653176823.jpg (164 KB, 426x306) Image search: [Google]
1450653176823.jpg
164 KB, 426x306
>>20060
I guess I worded that poorly. I didn't care about the point.

The first time I watched SAO I thought it was going to be my favorite because it had such a good concept, but it was just fucked after like the first 8 episodes or so. OPM is great in general IMO, funny and badass with great animation. Tokyo Ghoul was just ok imo, but it was pretty cool with the psychological aspect. NGNL was really clever and visually pleasing. I don't think the rest of it was trash either

Maybe the reason I thought NHK was bad was because of how painfully simple it was.

You asked
>>
>>20061
Well if my list is awful, what's good? That's why i'm asking.

Up until now i've just been watching what my friends have told me to watch. Just trying to get some recommendations :/
>>
>>20063
>>20065
>everything about these posts
>:/
get the fuck out
>>
>>20068
Have fun being an edgelord. Don't know what you're mad about but I hope it gets better, friend.
>>
>>20050
Oh I had almost forgotten about that series!
Thanks Anon
>>
>>20078
No problem, it's definitely worth the watch. I'd start with railgun and then watch index if you plan to watch the whole series.

Index is more action-y and stuff and Railgun is a little more laid back, but there's still plenty of action IMO
>>
>>20061
you are in the anime for newfags general why do you expect them to have good taste
>>
>>20091
I'm the guy he's bitching at, you have any recommendations? Just trying to find something good to watch.
>>
>>20049
K-On!! is my favourite show, please watch it. Enjoy, it's something special.

>>19977
>>19830
>>19145
Alright, big guy. Here's my 30. Picked based on me thinking they're good or some degree of cultural importance. I don't think there have been 30 truly worthwhile shows since 2011 though, so a lot of these are like C+ to B+ in my opinion. Did the best with what I could. Criticize away.

Fushigi na Somera-chan (2015)
Hibike! Euphonium (2015)
One Punch Man (2015)
Yuri Kuma Arashi (2015)
Barakamon (2014)
Ping Pong the Animation (2014)
Shirobako (2014)
Space Dandy (2014)
Ai Mai Mii (2013)
Aiura (2013)
Aku no Hana (2013)
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (2013)
Kill la Kill (2013)
Kyousougiga (2013)
Love Live! School Idol Project (2013)
Non Non Biori (2013)
Uchouten Kazoku (2013)
Hyouka(2012)
Shinsekai Yori (2012)
Sakamichi no Apollon (2012)
Teekyuu (2012)
Uchuu Kyoudai (2012)
The iDOLM@STER (2011)
Mawaru Penguindrum (2011)
Nichijou (2011)
Hanasaku Iroha (2011)
Hourou Musoko (2011)
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
Hyouge Mono (2011)
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica (2011)
>>
>>18998
this could exist in /a/ just like buyfag threads,drawfag threads,and japanese learning threads, I don't see
why having one for suggestions/recs would destroy the ecosystem so much
>>
>>20096
I did watch K-on and it is really good. Any other ideas?
>>
>>20100
Oh, I thought it was a plan-to-watch list. You've seen hardly anything so it's hard to recommend shit out of the blue. Tamako Market has a very similar feeling to K-On! though, I guess, so if you want more of that kinda thing then definitely check it out. Same director. Sequel movie is one of my favourites as well. Otherwise just lurk /a/ and watch everything you see mentioned. You're plebby as fuck and you need to build experience. Try watching a mix of good recent shows (the guy in this thread is trying to make a list, I just posted 30 and I recommend you watch all of them) and historically important stuff too.
>>
>>20102
Thanks man. Nice to get a response that isn't "fuck off newfag"
>>
>>20095
depend on what your in the mood for
off the top of my head
Cromartie High School this has a good dub btw
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Tiger & Bunny
nichijou
>>
>>20111
no worries, we've all been there
trying to use this as an appropriate place to give you people direction without you shitting up the real boards
dece addition hiro it needed to be done
>>
>>19830
Yeah, I know Nyaruko in particular really doesn't fit into this.

>>19977
I have to be honest, this is really not a very good list.
>>
File: draft list.jpg (95 KB, 547x612) Image search: [Google]
draft list.jpg
95 KB, 547x612
>>20096
Thanks man, I love you, no homo.

>>20097
For one, /a/ hate spoonfeeding, and recommendation thread is that very thing.

>>20146
Any suggestion to improve it? Pic related is my draft on what should go in the list. The red one is the list itself, while the green one is "honorable mention" that didn't make the cut.

Of course it is riddled with my own personal bias and end up not that good, so feel free to criticize it.
>>
I'm looking for an anime that has really nice mech fights and a great soundtrack. That or anything in the similar vein of Eva with the mysterious, other worldly vibes, doesn't have to be mechs. Currently watching Madoka, but I can only stomach it for like one more episode before I drop it.
>>
>>20173
Most of the shows on both lists aren't that remarkable.
I'd generally go with artsy or legitimately well done stuff, considering most people who'll be using a chart like this aren't that used to generic anime and the bullshit it comes with. Telling them to watch Idolmaster is like telling an 8 year old to watch Irreversible.

Stuff like Dandy, Ping Pong, maybe even Hyouka and such that have a sort of universal appeal, that you could show to any person with any preferences and at the very least they would understand why it's good; that's what you want to put in a chart for people who're not familiar with this medium.
Look at the first two charts in OP's album, those are what I'd aim for.
>>
different anon just tossing these out there
not sure if the list is by quality or its presence in the community
>>20173
imo must have
Yuru Yuri
Girls und Panzer
Tiger & Bunny
Shinryaku! Ika Musume

honerable mentions
Death Parade
Ore Monogatari!!
Futari wa Milky Holmes
Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou
Osomatsu-san
Free!
>>
>>20173
>>20190
this, except idolmaster is legitimately well done
basically first things first let's narrow down the absolutely essential shows everyone should watch (the dandys, the ping pongs, the hyoukas) and then we'll work on filling it out with the B-tier shows afterwards
>>
>>20196
Didn't mean to imply it wasn't, it's just not very accessible.
>>
>>20199
sure, but when going with "artsy or legitimately well done stuff" (your words) I think it's at the very least worth consideration, especially when the final product is as big as 30 titles
I get your accessibility point though, no worries. I'm just being petty
>>
>>20180
not a single clue about /m/ but pic related seems to be approved, currently watching Nadesico and loving it
>one more episode before I drop it.
Don't! Shit goes to hell
>>
>>20173
Just some anon but from the draft the only 100% keepers are
HxH
jojo
kill la kill
nichijou
penguindrum
madoka
OPM
shin sekai yori
>>
File: Magic_Users.jpg (393 KB, 1400x959) Image search: [Google]
Magic_Users.jpg
393 KB, 1400x959
>>18978
Does anyone have a batch of scans of Dorohedoro? I want to read it, but not on a shitty streaming website. The art is simply too good looking for that.
>>
>>18993
Mushishi, Usagi Drop, all of Ghibli's catalog, all of Makoto Shinkai's catalog.
>>
File: katanagatari.jpg (299 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
katanagatari.jpg
299 KB, 1600x1000
>>19213
Watch Katanagatari, if you're still here. I think you'd like it. Dunno if there is an English dub, but you're a faggot for wanting that anyway.
>>
>>20173
Pretty sure Ping Pong should be in there.
>>
File: template3.png (553 KB, 2200x1386) Image search: [Google]
template3.png
553 KB, 2200x1386
>>20190
>Ping Pong
Fuck, I know i missed some stuff, but to think I missed Ping Pong. Thanks!

>>20195
>not sure if the list is by quality or its presence in the community
First and foremost it should be based on merit since one of the chart goal is introductory item for uninitiated people as >>20190 said.

Also thanks for the suggestion. I don't think Yuru Yuri should go in there since it rely quite a lot on Anime tropes.

>>20210
Thanks. I agree with your list, but you guys might want to chime it too.

>>20222
I am dumb and missed that. Thanks for the reminder.

---
Pic related, the latest item entering the chart. Ignore the bunch of Madoka. I use that as placeholder.
>>
>>20173
>>20224
Yuyushiki perhaps? It's on similar ground as Yuru Yuri, just a whole lot better.
>>
File: 1415910086559.png (60 KB, 265x209) Image search: [Google]
1415910086559.png
60 KB, 265x209
>>20225
>Yuru Yuri, just a whole lot better.
>>
>>20225
>>20226
Stop.
Don't turn this into my opinion>your opinion shitflinging.
This thread is not for that.
>>
>>20226
Yuru Yuri is great, mind you.
>>
File: hint.png (43 KB, 395x322) Image search: [Google]
hint.png
43 KB, 395x322
>>20214
There's a copy on AB if you have an account. Up to volume 20 or so. Also the secret club has updated all the way.
>>
>>20227
I was just kidding im not trying to start anything
>>20228
I might give Yuyushiki a try some time the style didn't really appeal to me so I haven't gotten around to it
>>
>>20225
>Check airing date
>2013
Yeah, yys is a good CGDCT show some nice animation.

Speaking of it, yys and Non Non Biyori fill the same space, should both go to the chart or should we pick one?
>>
>>20232
*with some
Missed a word there..
>>
>>20224
Now we're getting somewhere. I like the little year markers, too, though they might look weird when the thing is full. Besides what you've got on there now (which is fine), I think you should add:

>2015
Hibike! Euphonium

>2014
Shirobako

>2013
Kyousougiga
Uchouten Kazoku

>2012
Shinsekai Yori

>2011
Hourou Musoko
Hunter x Hunter
Mawaru Penguindrum
Nichijou

That about covers what I'd consider absolutely essential for any list like this. I dunno, just trying to put together a little starting point without interjecting a whole bunch of personal taste. All are generally well put-together, creative or important in some way. I think anyone could enjoy 'em.

>>20231
It's pretty funny. If you liked Yuru Yuri you'll almost definitely like it too.
>>
>>20232
Non Non Biyori is probably more "essential", if there's only space for one. I'd say they are different enough to have both (NNB is more iyashikei, YYS is more gag comedy)
Nichijou definitely needs to be there though, and Yuyushiki is more similar to that, so if you had to pick 2 of those three, pick NNB and Nichijou.
>>
>>20230
I don't even know what AB is.
>>
>>19977
>>20224
I'got nothing to say against this except gatchaman crowds, we should think of better descriptions but looking good atm
Allow me to add my two cents, will try to be objective as posible

>2011
Nichijou
Mahou Shojo Madoka Magica
The Idolm@ster
Mawaru Penguindrum
Hunter X Hunter
Fate/Zero
>honorific mention to Ben-to and YuruYuri

>2012
Kyousogiga
Senhime Zesshou Symphogear
Shin Sekai Yori
Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure
Kokoro Connect
>honorific mention to Binbou-gami ga and Little busters

>2013
Kill la Kill
Log Horizon
Noucome
Non Non Biyori
>Honorific mention to Blood Lad and Valvrape the penetrator

>2014
Amagi Brilliant Park

>2015
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Rolling girls
Shokugeki no Soma
Euphonium
Monmusu
Shimoseka
OPM
Concrevo
Osomatsu-san
>honorific mention Overlord and Shomin sample

>Things I didn't saw but seem neat as fuck
Tiger & Bunny
Space Dandy
Shirobako
Bahamut
Ping Pong
Hyouka

I can justify anything on this so if something is questionable you are encouraged discuss me
Good job so far
>>
Shit forgot to remove Monmusu and Shimoseka, they are good but ignore them for the list
>>
>>20239
>no Uchouten Kazoku
>no Yozakura Quartet remakes
>no SamFlam
>no Monthly girls
>no Kokkuri-san
>no Barakamon
>no Sabagebu
>>
>>20239
Not chartguy, but the problem with this list is how broad it is.
I can see why people like >>19216 get overwhelmed by the amount of stuff that's recommended to them and end up doing nothing instead.
Gotta keep things short and concise, choice is good but too much choice is messy.
>>
Y'all criticize this >>20235 if you've got any problems too, I can try and defend those shows.

>>20239
>kokoro connect
It looks pretty bad most of the time, generally poor production values, narrative isn't particularly creative, interesting or well-executed.
>amagi brilliant park
Fun show, but top 30? Nothing it does really stands out in way which makes me immediately consider it. Looks good, but there are better looking shows out there. Funny, but do you think its jokes are especially well-handled? Enough to set it apart from the plethora of other comedies we have to choose from?
>rolling girls
Some very nice cuts but they are few and far between. Very inconsistent overall. Didn't watch the whole show, granted, but I just can't see it as anything particularly special.
>conrevo
Not finished but that's no biggie I guess. I don't think it really has anything going for it though. Seems very messily put-together. Some decent sakuga at times though.

That's all I'll immediately whine about that I've seen. Plenty of other questionable stuff on there but I'll let people who have actually seen those shows comment, I guess.
>>
OP here.
I honestly didn't expect this to get much traction, so I didn't put much effort into the thread header as a result. I've started a couple generals on /vg/ in the past, I'll write something better and put it into a pastebin for future use. Might include a short FAQ covering media players and download sites in there as well.

The problem with starting generals, though, is that a decent header needs to have a significant amount of material, and just the album with the charts wont be enough.
If any of you can think of useful information that should or should not be up there, do let me know.
>>
>>20235
Uchouten Kazoku
I wached a few eps and it didnt grab me and I dont see people talk about it much
What makes you feel like its a top 30?
>>
File: template4.png (1 MB, 2200x1386) Image search: [Google]
template4.png
1 MB, 2200x1386
I added some extra stuff that already agreed upon to be added

>Euphonium
>Shirobako
>OPM
>Penguindrum

>>20235
>I like the little year markers, too, though they might look weird when the thing is full
I changed the marker to be uniform so it won't be rainbow-y. What do you think?

>>20245
You raised a good point. I am open to the option to cut down the list, but too little choice might limit variety. So there is a choice there.
>>
>>20259
>Might include a short FAQ covering media players and download sites in there as well.
That's a good idea.
>>
>>20259
Information on when episode us out with site like anichart.net or senpai.moe

because.moe is also useful for you guys searching for legal streaming alternative.
>>
>>20261
Good direction, all around nice looking (best looking PA Works show, in my opinion) and sufficiently well animated with a few very nice cuts of animation interspersed. I thought it was pretty well written, and the way it fuses real world Japan with folklore is pretty cool. You're definitely right that it doesn't get talked about though, which is a shame. Outside of /a/ however I've seen it top a lot of lists for the year, for blogs and twitter guys who at the very least have the appearance of taste (not like, MAL or whatever, god knows what they like).

>>20264
Oh nice, I think the borders look pretty good.
>>
>>20264
You fucked up the kerning between the r and the t in Worthwhile
>>
>>20244
didn't saw any of that, sorry
>>20245
remove >Things I didn't saw but seem neat as fuck
and you got 23 titles, how many are we aiming for?
Only one I would remove is Noucome and osomatsu because of the references and parodies they got, you could only rec them to someone into anime
>>20255
I'll accept the quality of kokoro connect but some situations are really unexpected and makes you skip a beat more than once, maybe personal taste. I'll acept it if it's not on the list
>Amagi brilliant park
Besides being an outstanding KyoAni's product, you get to see an mc being based on a theme park with magical creatures, dapatation-wise is great, might even be better thatn the source, you get to know every character really well, great OST, I thought of adding some variety and there's Amaburi. Now it's the only one I saw during '14 so maybe if I saw something better could not have added it
>rolling girls
of that 4 you mentioned, this one is the less I would be willing to remove, great OST. unexpected developement, flashy scenes, artsy, neat characters basically FLCL of the new decade and some fresh air for the 2015
>Concrevo
I can't help to love histories where you have to solve the timeline puzzle and enjoy some great sakuga, this one may be personal taste allright but I think it deserved some consideration

Thanks for criticizing anons, it's been a while since I had some "peaceful" discussion regarding /a/
>>
>>20264
When this is done, consider coloring the borders and adding a legend to tag certain shows for certain qualities, like being newfag-friendly or the opposite.
>>
>>20264
Just to be sure, towards who is this chart aimed for? someone already into /a/ or just anyone who wants to see some good anime?
that would change my recs
>>
>>20259
Not sure what to put in for downloading manga, I just use >>20230 but putting that in the OP would not be a good idea.
>>
>>20277
Hm, yeah I'd probably be cool with Amagi, it just doesn't really strike me in that way. If it's a "top 30" it's probably much closer to the bottom of that list. I dunno, that's my gut feeling. Rolling Girls definitely had a nice soundtrack and aesthetic, but like, FLCL was good for completely different reasons. Where it was tight, intricately put together and thematically dense, Rolling Girls just seemed kinda lost to me (outside of the first two episodes, which I really liked), like it was tough to pick out what it was going for at times. Ditto with Conrevo, but maybe I just haven't given it enough of a chance. I still gotta lot to catch up on with that show.
>>
File: coffee.png (317 KB, 648x844) Image search: [Google]
coffee.png
317 KB, 648x844
Last post before I turn off my computer.

>>20274
Ah yes, kerning. Fixed.

>>20288
I can do that, but just to be sure: What constitute "newfag friendly"? There might be someone already well-versed in media due to something western show or someone completely new to visual media in general.

>>20289
See >>20224
The target of the chart is for general mass.
>>
>>20296
newfag friendly would be stuff like OPM and Kill La Kill, whereas stuff like Ping Pong is not.
>>
File: hikikomori1.jpg (22 KB, 500x284) Image search: [Google]
hikikomori1.jpg
22 KB, 500x284
>>20060
Don't bother it's simple for people like me and you, but for anyone whose never experienced the pain in that show first hand will never understand it nor any of the ideas within.
>>
>>20296
Ah yes, forgot to mention to >>20288
that genre tag might be more useful. That spot in top left of the icon is empty and could use some extra information.

Oh yeah, if you think you have better icon image for the shows, just told me.
>>
>>20264
>>20296
Space Brothers- one of my top ten cant recommend enough
Tiger and bunny-Legitimately good and has a more western feel to it that would be easier for new fans to get into
Shirokuma Cafe- A polar bear runs a cafe, its nice to have a sol thats not cute girls doing cute thing occasionally
samurai Flamenco- Without spoiling anything this is an insane ride that should not be missed
Night anon
>>
>>20277
Uchouten Kazoku was my personal AOTY for 2013,
The Yozakura Quaretet remakes has probably the best sound design in a seasonal anime while also having extremely solid action scenes and strong animation.
SamFlam is a coming of age story disguised as a love letter to everything sentai, disguised as a slice of life.
Monthly girls is probably one of the strongest comedy shows in recent years.
Kokkuri-san is a fairly funny dark comedy that is fairly unique.

Also Amagi is a fairly weak show, it has some strong jokes but it feels fairly inconsistant and I don't feel like it ever does anything well enough to justify calling it one of the stronger shows of the last five years.

I also wouldn't gamble on Concrevo as it's not finished yet and could go either way. Hell the lack of haikyuu is fairly surprising considering it was one of the better sports adaptations in the last few years, and the second season has been consistently fantastic.
>>
Here's what I wrote. Feedback and suggestions would be much appreciated.
pastebin.com/MAm1sdEE
>>
>>20317
>should I download 1080p
>No, it's just an upscale. Yes, even the BD.
That's wrong, the BDs are sourced in 1080, so the 720 release are just down sampled, 1080p up samples, and end up looking worse.
>>
>>20319
Not true, they're generally done in lesser qualities, not necesarily 720.
Only show I'm aware of that's actually sourced in 1080 is Nyaruko.
>>
>>20239

After some thought and critiques I narrowed it down quite a bit, thanks anons

>this is already on the list, deal with it
Nichijou
Kill la Kill
Senhime Zesshou Symphogear

>No one can deny these were great
Mawaru Penguindrum
Yuri Kuma Arashi
Hunter X Hunter
Non Non Biyori
Fate/Zero
Jojo's Bizzarre Adventure
Shin Sekai Yori
Kyousogiga
Log Horizon

>Maybe I should give it some more thought
Rolling girls
The Idolm@ster
Shokugeki no Soma
Log Horizon
Amaburi

Aditionally I would ban Concrete Revolutio, since it didn't even ended by 2015

>>20296
Regarding the desing it would be cool something like >>19158 but conserve the wide visuals
the format being:
>Visual
>Title
>Genre
>Episodes
Plot not necessary at all, just knowing the genre is enough, you can just google anything that catches your eye
Also I would preserve the color frames to do the Newfag friendly thing that some anon mentioned
Example:
>Blue "newfag friendly" (Im@s)
>Green "not so normie" (Penguindrum)
>Orange "old /a/ wise" (ping pong)
>>
File: Slice of Life.png (2 MB, 1084x1655) Image search: [Google]
Slice of Life.png
2 MB, 1084x1655
>>20317
replace the comfy list with pic related, since most of them are manga.
also the one below that one is a "Bit sized anime chart"
Do you want a Movie chart?
>>
>>20340
Got a bunch of charts from earlier in the thread already, I'll wait until >>20296 is done with his before updating the pastebin with a new album containing all of those.
Do post any charts you have, though; the more the merrier.
>>
File: Anime Movies.jpg (1 MB, 1626x2008) Image search: [Google]
Anime Movies.jpg
1 MB, 1626x2008
>>20341
will do cap'!
>>
File: 1450988268646.png (20 KB, 596x892) Image search: [Google]
1450988268646.png
20 KB, 596x892
Fuck you OP. Seriously, fuck you. There's literally nothing wrong with half the catalog being this shit. Stop forcing generals onto new boards, they're some of the worst cancer to have ever happened to this website. Kill yourself.
>>
File: Anime General.jpg (941 KB, 1460x2350) Image search: [Google]
Anime General.jpg
941 KB, 1460x2350
>>20343
I got these from >>11394
if you guys want info from other boards
>>
>>20259
Jesus christ kill yourself
>>
>>20321
I'm talking about the BD production, not the anime creation.
The BDs are sourced in 1080p, the anime itself is 720p, but the studio upscales the BD to 1080p period. Any 720p BD rip is downscaled from the 1080p upscale of the original 720p.

There are also quite a bit more than just nyaruko. You can find out which anime being produced in what resolution at http://anibin.blogspot.com/
>>
File: 1451308206240.jpg (1 MB, 846x4825) Image search: [Google]
1451308206240.jpg
1 MB, 846x4825
>>20348
more /m/
>>
>>20344
Doubt you've bothered to read the thread, so I'll give you a (You) out of courtesy.
There is absolutely nothing done here that prevents people from making their own threads and completely ignore this if they wish, I'm just trying to provide an alternative to keep things cleaner and let other requests, which are not the very same thing answered many times before, get as much airtime as they can.
Do report me if you like bending the rules through mental gymnastics to fit whatever you want them to be.

>>20349
Cheers.

>>20350
I'm clearly just talking out of my ass, then. My apologies.
What would you suggest I write in there, do I just delete the "Yes, even the BD" bit?
>>
I need something that isn't gay and doesn't have womyn a lot
>>
File: Excellent Anime.jpg (1 MB, 2146x1500) Image search: [Google]
Excellent Anime.jpg
1 MB, 2146x1500
>>20351
this one looks kinda updated
>>
>>20353
have any genre on mind?
>>
File: Obscure and artsy anime movies.jpg (2 MB, 2300x3800) Image search: [Google]
Obscure and artsy anime movies.jpg
2 MB, 2300x3800
>>20354
>>
>>20352
Yes I'd delete that line and add a line about if the show wasn't produced digitally (anything before early 2000s basically) 1080 will always have the higher quality because it was produced on a physical cell.
>>
File: Worthwhile Anime.jpg (2 MB, 2610x3700) Image search: [Google]
Worthwhile Anime.jpg
2 MB, 2610x3700
>>20357
the rest I have is already on the thread
>>
>>20359
Basically just do what this anon is saying. Any series prior to the digital age of animation should always be viewed over 1080p because of Analogue/Physical technology has the direct drawings/cels. Then you can say shit from the 2000's till now are all probably 720p because they aren't physical and are digitally made in 720p natively.

Just look at Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Takarajima, Rose of Versailles, and Neon Genesis Evangelion (Some) for real good 1080p high quality Blu-Rays.
>>
>>20359
>>20361
How about this:

>>should I download 1080p
>Not unless the source material was produced in celluloid.
>>
>>20362
Yes. That is perfectly good. Also tell em to check if there were revisions in the BD version of anime.
>>
>>20364
For example stuff like Galactic Heroes having some episodes reanimated or Evangelion missing the cells from episode 18.

Stuff like that to inform people to check beforehand.
>>
>>20355
no anything with no womyn will work.
>>
>>20365
Comedy: Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Action: Jojo's bizzarre adventure
>>
>>20366
>>20368
>>
>>20368
Part 6? That has a lot of girls.
>>20366
Cromartie High School.
>>
>>20368
we will have to wait at least to 2020 for part 6
Cromartie is great rec too
>>
>>20366
I guess any work by Fukumoto works too. Most of those are sausage fests with very few female characters.
>>
>>20352
You are the embodiment of everything wrong with post-captcha 4chan.
>>
>>20384
I'm trying to make this board better, dude.
If your vision of that is different, go make it so; insulting me wont accomplish anything besides bumming me out a little bit.
>>
>>20388
>I'm trying to make this board better, dude.
And you make it infinitely worse.
Generals are cancer. Pure cancer. They're not how imageboards are supposed to be used. Fuck moot for enabling this bullshit and creating /vg/ instead of outright banning them like he's done in the beginning and how every person with half a brain was asking him to.
>>
>>20390
not op, but with due respect, the only cancer I detect in this thread is you and your blatant shitposting
>>
>>20390
Your a shit eating asshole. I'm not OP, but Generals are needed for anti-clutter on 4chan. No one liked /v/ before /VG/ existed. /v/ has always been a shit hole and nothing can stop that. This type of thread adds more discussion and gains less clutter for the mods to delete. Moot probably made /VG/ for the sole reason for it to be easier for mods to regulate threads and so that spam doesn't happen as often. No one wants another Gamergate and Code Geass to happen again.
>>
any new manga I should follow? preferably not moe
>>
>>20359
>>20361
>>20362
You're making the highly rash assumption that they photographed the cells at a higher resolution than 480 (the highest resolution the customer could actually acquire the product in), and that they then kept these oversampled masters, and that they then resampled from these masters.

You're assuming that they didn't shoot on 16mm, make a 480 master for TV and DVD, and then for the BD they never anticipated making, upscale the master and throw a load of digital filmgrain over it.

There's not 1080 lines worth of detail in 16mm anyway, and remastering from film is expensive. Outside of seminal anime from massive studios, the analogue master may not even exist anymore.

The idea that because bluray is 1080, and analogue is analogue, so any bluray where the source was analogue is therefore 1080, is woefully naive.
>>
>>20388
Are you sure it's working?

OP's trying to make "request general", yet this instance of "request general" has already turned into a discussion about upscaling.
>>
>>20409
Try these: >>19171

>>20412
It's naive to assume they all are, it's also naive to assume none are.
This really isn't at all meant to be perfectly accurate and cover all the intricacies of analogue to digital conversion, it's just a shot and concise FAQ.
I appreciate you taking the time to explain this in detail, but there's a character limit and people's attention span is quite short, I'll keep it as is.

>>20414
It's turned into a bunch of conversations about a bunch of things.
Making a decent general requires feedback and constructive conversation, of which there has been a fair bit in this thread.
There's also been several people getting their requests answered, and hopefully also several passive lurkers who didn't feel like making a new thread after reading this thread or looking at the charts here.
Having this thread doesn't negatively affect anything besides you and a few other people's feelings, please stop with the inflammatory shitposting.
>>
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 975x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 975x750
>>20361
Just look at Macross for a 1080 Bluray that's only 1080 because the format's 1080.

And that's not a half-assed remastering of an obscure, cheap OVA, that's the fully-restored, remastered edition of Macross.
>>
File: Ano-Hana-Movie-01.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ano-Hana-Movie-01.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Rec me something like "Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wama(pic related) or Kid on the Sloppe...
Or something very emo-confy anime like those
>>
can you guys recommend me a place to download anime/manga in high resolution?
>>
>>20433
>"Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wama(pic related)
I don't know why I find this so fucking funny.
If you're looking for soft and light shows that also have some heartbreaking drama going on, check out Key's adaptations, like Clannad and such.

>>20441
nyaa.se
>>
>>20433
Go to bed, anon, you're drunk.
>>
File: 2, 4, 6, 8 dubs decide.jpg (67 KB, 1139x210) Image search: [Google]
2, 4, 6, 8 dubs decide.jpg
67 KB, 1139x210
Please tell me what Mongolian shadow puppet show I should see.
>>
>>20477
Hyouge Mono might be my favorite show, but there's a good chance it wont be your thing.
>>
>>20477
Mononoke is great. Kuuchuu Buranku is worth watching, but not nearly as good as it seems.
>>
>>20504
Cool I'll watch mononoke. The medicine man part was my favorite part in Ayakashi so I've known for a while that I'd like it, I just needed an excuse.
>>
Does anyone have any cyberpunk comedies to recommend?
>>
>>20534
Literally ninja slayer.
>>
This shitty board was only just shat out and you already want fucking generals?
I want to go back to 2004. You people have fucking ruined this place.
>>
>>20479
>Hyouge Mono is my favorite show
My absolute nigga. Are you keeping up with the manga?
>>
what is some art anime like tatami galaxy or ping pong? i know those were made by the same guy, im wondering if their are any other art anime made by different people
>>
>>18978
It is about fucking time this happened. All /a/ ever needed was this exact kind of general. mook made the right decision making this board.
>>
>>20595
Hey, here's an idea: why not move this thread to >>>/a/ , and get rid of /wsr/ entirely?

If everyone pitches in and does as OP describes, there'd be no need for a request board, just his thread.
>>
>>20601
If anything they should delete the board and continue banning requests. Now anyone who starts browsing won't learn to reverse image search, find their own sauce, or be self sufficient. There have already been a few underaged posters being blatantly obvious they're underaged being caught on this board, and it's not even a week old. It just attracts newfags and underaged.
>>
>>20575
try any of >>19155 i'd go with Kyousogiga or Mononoke
>>
>>20595
We had a sticky like this for a week a couple of years ago and retards just ignored it and kept making rec threads
>>
>>19042
http://exhentai.org/g/886666/2c901e53da/
>>
>>20620
Good thing you have your own board.
>>
>>20601
/a/ is way too far gone to help anybody or anything. >>20620 is a prime example of what to expect from /a/. /wsr/ is the only possible solution.
>>
>>20534
More space than cyber, but Space Adventure Cobra basically beat Total Recall to the punch by loosely adapting the book ten years beforehand. It's definitely got comedy in mind.
>>
>>20744
People are still posting request threads on /a/, /wsr/ didn't solve shit.
>>
>>20778

Doesn't help that /wsr/ isn't even on the home page yet. /a/ could actually, you know, not bite the bait.
>>
>>20801
It's on the blotter tho, and I've seen people on /a/ redirect rec threads to /wsr/ isntead of just shitposting them.
>>
>>20725
Thanks senpai
>>
File: 1438839972495.jpg (2 MB, 1580x2350) Image search: [Google]
1438839972495.jpg
2 MB, 1580x2350
Here is an unfinished update of an old, really questionable recommendaton chart ( >>20348 (seriously, Air? Love Hina?)) done by /a/ earlier this year. People should share this instead of the old one with 50% trash.
>>
>>20433
pls
>>
File: Giant Robo Comparison.png (4 MB, 2918x1080) Image search: [Google]
Giant Robo Comparison.png
4 MB, 2918x1080
>>20419
Clearly Giant Robo is an unfair comparison, because it was filmed on 35mm. And it shows that there was some grain removal. It personally is one of the best anime out there that transfers very well to sub-1080p.

Sure it ain't pure 1080p, but it is higher then 720p.

BluRay
1478 x 1080

DVD:
1440x1080
>>
My favorites so far have been (in ROUGH order) TTGL, Clannad, Haruhi, FMA Brotherhood, Code Geass, and Steins;Gate.
Recommendations?
>>
File: template5.png (2 MB, 2200x2000) Image search: [Google]
template5.png
2 MB, 2200x2000
Good morning /wsr/.

We've reached the halfway mark with 16 titles now. I added title mentioned here multiple time and planned to add these following title:

>Jojo
>HxH
>Steins Gate
>Tiger & Bunny
>Hourou Musuko
>Jinrui
>Aku no Hana
>Haikyuu
>Sakamichi no Apollon
>Fate Zero
>OreGairu

If you think some shows should enter or leave the chart, just comment away.

I also added some information you asked to add to the chart

>Newfag friendliness
The color information is on the bottom left part of the chart. The color i used on the visual itself is a placeholder, so don't take that seriously. I am still ifffy with the name, maybe you guys with better naming sense have better idea.

>Episode count
It is located at top left part of the visual. I am not sure what to do with multi season series like Space Dandy or Non Non Biyori. Should I just add the episode count and mention that it has multiple seasons?

>Genre
It is below the visual, plain and simple
>>
some thing I found recently. It's too large to post here.
http://imgur.com/gallery/yPVPj9Q
>>
File: smiling-fish.jpg (382 KB, 1877x1242) Image search: [Google]
smiling-fish.jpg
382 KB, 1877x1242
>>20943
Explore more into anime/manga. You could unlock much more potential.

Code Geass = Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Clannad = Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (I don't typically like melodramatic shows, but you seem to enjoy em).

FMA Brotherhood = Jojo's Bizarre Adventure/Hunter X Hunter/Berserk. Each one have a Shounen battle plot, but do them drastically differently.

TTGL = Anything Hiroyuki Imaishi or Gainax pretty much. If you want to have a direct anime then Giant Robo/Getter Robo Armageddon may be your testosterone campy adventure that you need.

Stein;Gate = Tatami Galaxy (Pretty much the best Time Travel based anime in existence)
>>
Please include Nichijou on your OP please.
>>
>>20944
HxH and Jojo are a must to be inserted for this decade.

Steins;Gate is a maybe, but since you have Madoka in there might as well insert it in for consistency.

Because both of those series are unanimously hated on /a/.
>>
>>20948
It's shit, you got told off from /a/ for a reason.
>>
>>20951
Nichijou requires some understanding of japanese humor to be fully appreciated tho, I wouldn't put it on a newfriend rec list.
>>
>>20955
I haven't been on /a/ for years.
>>
>>20948
That's a really shitty suggestion get free card for good anime.

It's better to develop your own tastes from other people that recommend you stuff rather then a shit "guiding your finger with your eyes closed" situation.
>>
>>20950
I mean I've seen plenty of others those were just some of my favorites.
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
One of my things is I don't like to watch anime that's too long. Brotherhood's length is about as long as I'm willing to go.
>Your Lie in April
Seen it. I was expecting better but it wasn't bad
>Jojo/Hunter x Hunter
See Legend of the Galactic Heroes
>Berserk
I'll check that one out
>Anything Hiroyuki Imaishi
Seen Evangelion, and KLK, and I don't have any interest in FLCL, but I'll check out the lesser known stuff
>Tatami Galaxy
I'll take a look
Thanks anon
>>
>>20959
Sorry, just some reddit turd posted it on /a/ a couple of hours ago.
>>
anyone posting MALs for recommendations?
>>
>>20961
Fucking this.

This is why /a/ hates rec threads so much, idiot kids just want to be told what's hip to watch and never bother to develop their own taste.
>>
>>20968
but if I say I liked X and you say watch Y, how is that any different?
Just curious.
>>
>>20962
>See Legend of the Galactic Heroes
You can't be this serious right? Jojo isn't that much longer then Brotherhood and Berserk is longer then all of these combined.
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is worth the investment if you want to watch one of the most well written anime in existence.
HxH is the lesser series on my list of things I've recommended to you. It kinda is inconsistent in multiple places, but still lands as one of the best Shounens.

Just give it time.

Or watch most of Gundam if you want an absolute better anime then Code Geass, but has a lot of landing points for you to try.

>>20972
People can put more input into those series then just x and y dude.

Some people need to explain what the similarities it has to specific series.
>>
>>20944
>>Aku no Hana
was this good? all I remember is /a/ making fun of the style and a general consensus that the manga was better
>>
I'm looking for nonshit Jojo part 3 scans. All the torrents from /a/ are ded.
>>
>>20975
It is good and bad at the same time. The artstyle supports the uncomfortable feeling of the MC, but the story doesn't really progress anywhere until near the end. And ends off with a disappointing cliffhanger.
>>
>>20977
Try the club
>>
File: oyasumi_punpun_v02_090-091.png (642 KB, 1669x1200) Image search: [Google]
oyasumi_punpun_v02_090-091.png
642 KB, 1669x1200
>>20975
Forgot to mention, but both manga and anime are pretty much the same. Only reason why people prefer the manga is because of the easier for the eyes art style, but then again it is still a shit story.

Comparatively to Oyasumi Punpun it does a far better job in portraying an uncomfortable MC and an outstanding/unique art style.

Although I'm not done with it. So far it is one of my favs.
>>
>>20982
Which club
>>
>>20973
>74 episodes
Ehh maybe
I thought Berserk was one of the standard 26?
>Legend of the Galactic Heroes is one of the most well written anime in existence
Well I'm a slut for good plot so I'll put it on my to-watch list but that length is going to put me off it for a while
>>
>>20952
>HxH and Jojo
I think I'll go ahead and add these two.
What do you think should i do with Stardust Crusaders? Create a new entry of it?

>Because both of those series are unanimously hated on /a/.
I like what you are thinking.
That said, S;G is pretty accessible to newfags, so it isn't a really bad choice there.

>>20975
If not anything it is novel. It is interesting title if one want to see radically different style in anime visual. Not that it is a good story.
>>
>>20985
The secret one.
>>
>>20986
Berserk is longer, because it is required to read the manga over the anime consequently. And that is as long as Jojo.

300 or so chapters with 20 pages each if I'm correct.

>>20990
Jojo is a hard nut. You should just put in the Jojo logo and put parts 1-3 on it or something, because if you watch Jojo you might as well watch all of it. HxH is required and so is Steins;Gate even though it is alright.

ALSO add in Space Battleship Yamato 2199. That is one of the best anime of this decade as well.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 66

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.