[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the heck happened?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20151229_240547057_edit.png (1 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151229_240547057_edit.png
1 MB, 1080x608
So I went to the Popular Science website where in the header of articles on their website, there is the Facebook logo. My assumption was that was to share the article. It actually took me to the link to their Facebook page. When it took me there, Facebook looked screwed up. Later, Wikipedia started looking screwed up too, like if it was a print page version.

What the heck did the Popular Science website do to my browser (Chrome)?

AND NO, It has nothing to do with the sixty tabs I have open or any of the chrome apps I have added (two of which help with tab management, which I've had 200+ tabs open several times in the past and it still worked fine.)
>>
It most likely has to do with the sixty tabs you have open or any of the chrome apps you have added (two of which help with tab management, which you've had 200+ tabs open several times in the past and it still worked fine.)
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>18906
>all of these tabs
Jesus Christ control yourself. I had a friend who would always do this and it would always lag out his computer when we tried to watch youtube videos when I went to his house. I'm not a computer expert but I know that you really don't need all of those open tabs.
>>
>>18922
I thought I clearly stated it DOES NOT have anything to do with the number of tabs I have open. This computer has more than enough RAM top support 600 tabs let alone 60.

Did I mention this is the first time I've had this problem and that this is not the first time I've had more than 50 tabs open?

Ignore how many tabs I have open. Find out why the CSS is all messed up.
>>
>>18940
Close those tabs mates.
>>
>>18940
Just because your computer could theoretically handle 600 tabs doesn't mean Chrome is programmed to withstand that. You've obviously hit a point where it's taxing itself out trying to handle everything you're throwing at it even with the necessary hardware.

If you close all your tabs and your terrible social media sites are still glitched, then it could be something else.
>>
Why would you need all of those tabs open? Why not just bookmark pages you're not using?
>>
>Chrome
>Facebook
Found your problems.
>>
How about you close all of those tabs, reset your computer, then open a clean window of chrome, with just 1 tab of facebook, then come back before you claim it has nothing to do with your overabundance of tabs.
>>
Hey guys, OP again.

Remember how you ignored the part where I said it wasn't the tabs and you immediately blamed the tabs? It still isn't the tabs.

I just went to another website that that sent me to the mobile website even though I'm using a laptop computer.

So...none of this is actually resolved because something is still stuck telling this computer that it is using a mobile web browser and there isn't a setting in the desktop version of Chrome that presents itself to make everything appear as it should on a desktop.
>>
>>19055
The change your user agent you fucking dolt.
>>
>>19061

THIS is the solution.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/3296214
>>
>>18906
1. close the tabs
2. buy one of those guns
3. aim it at your head
4. pull the trigger
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.