[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
best mecha animes? pic related is the only one ive seen so far
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
File: evangelion.jpg (14 KB, 284x178) Image search: [Google]
evangelion.jpg
14 KB, 284x178
best mecha animes?

pic related is the only one ive seen so far
>>
>>18544
BEST or good? A bunch of Gundams are considered some of the best. Giant Robo's really good.
>>
Try Aldnoah.Zero
>>
File: reported_0_0.png (38 KB, 365x214) Image search: [Google]
reported_0_0.png
38 KB, 365x214
>>18597
No. Do not do this. Absolutely do not.
>>
File: 1401914115958.jpg (3 MB, 2800x3000) Image search: [Google]
1401914115958.jpg
3 MB, 2800x3000
I don't know shit about mecha but gundam seems to dominate the genre. Maybe pick something from this list.
>>
You can check out other anime by the same company - Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gunbuster and its sequel Diebuster.
>>
File: screenshot_5_23964.jpg (70 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_5_23964.jpg
70 KB, 600x450
Patlabor is one of the best. I'd recommend the OVAs and movies personally, but the TV show was a fun ride to if you really want more.
>>
>>18655
Seconding Patlabor if you have the time to figure out which series is which.

>>18599
Seconding G Gundam, Gundam Wing, and Turn A Gundam out of this list.
>>
>>18646
Gurren Lagan is definitely one of the best. And Gun/Die is great too.
>>
>>18663
I honestly liked Diebuster more. TTGL felt kind of unexpected while Diebuster fealt perfect in every way. I also loved the way it tied to its prequel. Plus, I liked Nono more than Simon. Besides, I think FLCL was better than either of them (besides Eva).

To stick to the thread. OP, check out FLCL. It's not exactly mecha (if anything it is in a really weird way) but it's also a must see and made by the same studio as eva. Lots of the same animators, character designer but a different director.
>>
File: gaogaigar2.jpg (64 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
gaogaigar2.jpg
64 KB, 704x480
Gaogaigar all the way.
>>
Majestic Prince and Argevollen are two really good recent ones.
>>
>>18690
I like Die better than Gun but I like TTGL better than Die. And FLCL is one of my top 3 anime of all time. I would count FLCL as mecha since they feature prominently but they're just not the piloting sort.
>>
File: 1450854384901.png (73 KB, 700x386) Image search: [Google]
1450854384901.png
73 KB, 700x386
>>18661
>gundam wing

>>18597
>aldnoah zero
>>
>>18711
Gundam Wing is a LOT better than Aldnoah Zero.
>>
>>18707
For me it's top 10 but not top 5. What are the other titles in your top 3?
>not the piloting type
Well, there is a point where the protagonist goes inside of a robot.
>>
>>18597
If you prepare for shit, sure
>>
Code geass
>>
>>18733
>What are the other titles in your top 3?
I don't know. That is just a thing I say to express generally how much I like something. I could never actually make a list.
Yeah he does get inside the robot. He never pilots it though. It's still robots so it's still mecha but of a different sort.
>>
gintama
sidonia no kishi
and heavy object was pretty good as well
>>
>>18764
>sidonia no kishi
Read it. Don't watch that shit.
>>
File: Rahxephon.jpg (198 KB, 1600x600) Image search: [Google]
Rahxephon.jpg
198 KB, 1600x600
>>18544
RahXephon. It's bretty gud senpai.

If you liked Eva, this one gives off similar vibes.

It's also somewhat obscure compared to other mecha, so it's a good way to boost your power levels if you wanna start seriously watching anime.
>>
>>18544
Macross/Robotech.
>>
>>18544
The Patlabor OVAs and the first two movies. The best by far.
>>
>>18764
>gintama
>mecha

im 108 episodes in.. i miss something?
>>
>>18544
Shin Mazinger Z-hen
Shin Getter Robo vs Neo Getter Robo
New Getter Robo

>>18663
>Gurren Lagan is definitely one of the best.
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>19329
>Gurren Lagann isn't one of the best
>>
The original mobile suit gundam from '79 is is still one of the best. Its a bit dated but its actually really good.
>>
>>18544
you've already seen it.
>>
Not anime. But Chibi-Robo is really good.
>>
>>18544
The only mecha anime I've ever liked other than Eva is Eureka Seven (which I personally like more than Eva) .
>>
>>19548
Fuck you. Just cause granpappy kickstarted the genre doesnt make it good. Gundam 79 is horrible and gets worse the further you get in. All my rage

The rest of gundam is pretty up and down. there are some good ones and some not so good, and they really run the gamut of heavy detail mecha, character mecha, narrative driven, all action, and fan pandering.
>>
Martian sucessor Nadesico
>>
File: 1424914911643.jpg (6 KB, 211x120) Image search: [Google]
1424914911643.jpg
6 KB, 211x120
>>20570
> Gundam 79 is horrible and gets worse the further you get in. All my rage
>>
>>20604
hahahaha, i understand my opinion is unpopular but honestly, i cant stand amuro or really anyone in the original run. The power creep is retarded

The good things about 79 is that its detailed, and the world feels decent and fleshed out. The bad this are that its often horribly childish, which is at odds to the rest of its tone, the extremely dated animation, and that the protagonist is the biggest piece of shit and gets worse and worse.
>>
>>18589
>Giant Robo
>first post
God bless you.
Also to add on the pile i would also say that Zegapain is really good.
>>
Giant Gorg is a 10/10.
>>
File: 1436599126625.jpg (403 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1436599126625.jpg
403 KB, 960x720
>>20616
Amuro really grew on me as the series progressed. One thing I'm surprised you didn't criticize it for was how sometimes the characters act irrational.
>>
>>20653
That's true for almost all of anime. In a way you learn why so many animne characters act irrational the way they do. For me it was an acquired taste, I didn't like Gundam right away and had to thnk about it after.
>>
File: Mk Vier.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Mk Vier.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Surprised no one mentioned Fafner. S2 just ended, and is pretty popular on /m/. It has a lot of mechs, fights, and drama, and the plot is similar to Eva. S1 and S2 have pretty different animation styles, but if you like cool fights with good animation and music fafner has that,
>>
>>20655
No like I really enjoyed 0079, but Mirai falling in love with that random fucking officer who an episode before was hitting her and her fiance really pulled me out of it. That entire handling is probably my biggest gripe about the series as well. I felt like it was just put in to try and win symphony for the folly of bright's command.
>>
>>20616
You didn't mention the completely retarded plot point that was brought up towards the end. It completely destroyed any credibility the anime had, it made me unable to take it seriously.

And overall it's not that good, can be pretty boring and has a slow pace. If Gundam was released today it'd be considered shit, it's liked more for its historical importance than its quality.

If you want to really get into anime you should still watch it though, it's really important, and it's not like it's horrible, you probably watch worse stuff airing every season.
>>
>>20565
That's a strange opinion. I like E7 but it's really weird. It is good.
>>
BIG O
SHOWTIIIIIME
>>
>>19329
>Shin Mazinger
>Shin getter Robo
Mah Nigga
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.