[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audio Driver Not Working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
So, I am a PC gamer, and just recently my laptop finally gave up on me. I tried to get it back, but it was forever stuck in the Windows 8 start-up loop.
My father gave me his old computer, which he used mostly to play WOW, so I thought it would be a good computer. Oh boy, was I wrong.
It runs smooth and all, 4GB of RAM and an old Intel Pentium CPU. However, I came to notice that while talking to a friend that the mic auto muted itself.
It used to do this about once a day, but recently has been very frequent. Recently, as a kind of fix, I put the games I play into windowed mode so I can un-mute my mic quickly.
I just thought it was doing this to my mic plugged into the front mic port, so I bought a Blue Snowball. I came to find that it even mutes USB mics.
The audio driver installed physically into the computer is an ancient 2005 Realtek HD Audio Driver.
I have the money to buy a new one, but I am too sure that that is the problem. I have done several virus scans with the full version of AVG, but no threats come up (except for the occasional java exploit).
Please help if you can.

Pic not of computer, its about as old as it is though...
>>
>>18297
Nuke the hard drive, grab a copy of Windows 7, and install it. Use Daz Loader if you don't have a spare unused key. It should recognize all the devices in your computer out of the box if it's that old. This should at least get rid of whatever malware, broken drivers, and other crap may be lurking on there.

You can grab a clean Windows 7 iso here:
http://mirror.corenoc.de/digitalrivercontent.net/
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.