[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2d Rec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 3x3 v5.jpg (257 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3 v5.jpg
257 KB, 920x920
Help me choose something new to watch. Been in a slump for a while and looking for something captivating to draw me back into anime. Relevant 3x3 so you can get an idea of taste. I'm open to ideas, but generally just looking for something cohesive and self contained. Leaning towards: action, adventure, anything with a novel and unique scenario that's good for a quick watch-through. Leaning away from: drama, SoL.
>>
>>16421
I'm in the middle of watching Kousetsu Hyaku Monogatari and it's quite different than anything I've seen. It's an episodic horrorish story about a writer who wants to gather 100 horror stories from local japanese myths and legends. The art is unique and fitting and the music is quite good.

There's also Berserk, which I'll recommend to almost anyone. Believable characters with a compelling story and a darker turn that's obvious in hindsight, but still shocking. Fairly bloody with a solid art style, it's great for continued watching.

Last would katanagatari. By far one of the most visually stimulating anime I've ever seen with a ridiculously great story. Written by the guy who does the Monogatari series, but unrelated. It's got a lot of reading and the fight scenes tend to be brief, but they're clever and each one is different.

Hopefully one of those can pull you out of your slump.
>>
Tatami Galaxy
>>
>>16439
Look in the middle.

To OP, I suggest Mawaru Penguindrum.
>>
>>16521
That's OP's top right anime.
>>
EVA
>>
>>16421
You've got anime by some of the best directors in the inustry. I'd recommend checking out some of their other works.
Penguindrum - Ikuhara, check out Revolutionary Girl Utena. He also directed most seasons of Sailor Moon so if you have patience (200 eps) check out those. Though honestly I'd check that out after Utena.
Gatchaman Crowds - Kenji Nakamura, check out Mononoke and Kuuchuu Buranko, they both have a very unique art style, one look at google images should tell you if you'll like it or not.
Tatami Galaxy - Masaaki Yuasa, even more unique and stylized, check out Mind Game and Kaiba
TTGL - Imaishi, he made Panty & Stocking and Kill la Kill
>>
>>16421
Give Shiki a go. It's a true underrated masterpiece.
>>
File: kuuchuu.gif (672 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
kuuchuu.gif
672 KB, 480x270
>>16421
Kuuchuu Buranko
>>
>>16858
This, its about a doctor and a bunch of new patients the week before Christmas. Its a comedy with a lot of the debilitating problems the patients are going through being completely relatable more often than not. Really well paced as you see the crazy people from other episodes get their own story explained and how they fit into the week long timeline.

Daily Lives of Highschool Boys since you like Nichijou, its exactly what the title says and makes you realize how goddamn universal some guy things are. Complete comedy

Action adventure I'd say Yamato 2199, its a remake but if you never watched the original its all new anyway. As soon as they leave earth by the 3rd ep its complete space adventure, huge budget, any time the characters start getting into drama territory shit starts firing at them and its another space anomoly they gotta figure out how to use to get around the aliens that are simultaneously chasing them. The general plot is straightforward, but how each ep is resolved goes places

Space Dandy gets smart, really smart, after ep 4. Its basically Japanese Futurama, episodic, comedy, each ep tells something smart
>>
Mononoke might be something for you
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.