[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have Ubuntu and want to replace it with xubuntu, is there a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: stallman.gif (2 MB, 350x258) Image search: [Google]
stallman.gif
2 MB, 350x258
I have Ubuntu and want to replace it with xubuntu, is there a way of doing that without removing the partitions through windows and launching the windows boot repair to remove grub. Finally to install xubuntu?
>>
open up software center and install xfce
Restart and pick XFCE when you log in
>>
>>16410
No. Xubuntu is not just Ubuntu with one flag changed. You need to add the Xubuntu repositories and replace the packages that are different. It's close enough to Ubuntu that the dependencies of Ubuntu's base virtual packages should do this for you.
>>16394
Replace your sources.list with xubuntu's sources.list*, then apt-get update, apt-get upgrade.

* which appears to be super-secret classified information.
>>
>>16446
this.
Else you can simply install xubuntu on top of ubuntu without removing partitions or anything if you want to do a clean install
>>
sudo apt-get install xubuntu-desktop

there that was hard, also ignore ^ those fucktards
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.