[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Win10 Laptop/Netbook to remotely connect to desktop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
Hey guize, so I have a pretty powerful desktop pc. I5-6500, gtx 970, 8gigs ddr4, 500gb 850 evo... But I actually travel a lot. So I was thinking of setting up a remote connection from my laptop to my desktop when I'm away and I need ze horzpower, I do almost always have access to internet when away. And my question is as follows, is a laptop with a celeron n2940 (Bay Trail), 2gb of ram (could upgrade to 8gb-1333, I actually have 1 dead laptop at home, the ram should be ok), with access to fast enough internet, enough for what I'm going to do? And would it be powerful enough for light stuff (movies, light programming)? I'm considering this baby http://www.mediamarkt.be/nl/product/_peaq-it-pnb-c1014-i1b1-intel-celeron-n2940-500-gb-hdd-99447--1497910.html sorry for the Dutch, it's a home brand laptop of a benelux tech retailer, I'll summarize it.
Celeron n2940 + 2(could get 8)gigs ram
1080p ips 14" display
32gb ssd (legit ssd with ~450 read/write, not emmc or flash)
500gb 5200rpm hdd (in box, but not installed, one of the features of this laptop is the easy to access secondary storage drive bay, so they give away free 500gb hdds which you could replace with a cheap ssd or something.)
1 usb 3.0, 2 usb 2.0, hdmi, ethernet and 3.5mm jack (duh, even toasters come with those nowadays)
No optical drive, even though the pictures suggest it has one, I could use the empty bay to store a ssd/hdd in (like, why the fuck not?)
Webcam + probably mic
The battery supposedly doesn't last as long as expected, but it's not like I need it to last any more than 30 minutes of 'alone-time' once in a month.
>>
It also comes with a 3-year warranty
And it only costs €349
>>
Please halp me, /wsr/.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.