[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC Controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
what controller should I be getting?
for games like dark souls etc
win7 btw
>>
Xbone if you like how it feels. Native support on Windows is very convenient.

Steam controller is an interesting option. I recommend trying before you buy. It seems to be love it or hate it. Personally I hated it.

There are ways to get all manner of controllers to work on pc. I have an adapter for GameCube controllers for instance.

I guess it depends on the games you want to play. Can you name some more?
>>
I'm using a 360 controller for Dark Souls and it works fine.
>>
File: 1447422158443.png (504 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
1447422158443.png
504 KB, 535x535
I use a used PS3 controller I bought off of eBay and drivers that make programs think it's a 360 controller. For Dark Souls there's even a way to change the button icons to those for a Dualshock 3
>>
Xbox360/bone is usually hailed for being the most comfortable controller. However, if you plan on playing fighting games (SF, GG, etc.) and don't want to dish out money for a stick, I recommend a controller with the d-pad on top rather than on the bottom since you'll be using the d-pad more intensively.
>>
>>15765
Sorry got distracted, currently just planning on playing Dark souls, Dragons Dogma and Rocket League.

I'll probably go with the xbox controller for now
>>
>>15801
I think the best part about the xbone controller is that you can just grab a standard android phone charger cable and plug it into your PC. The worst most faulty part of any controller is the cord and having a replaceable cable with something as cheap as an android charger cable is a game changer.
>>
Have a 3shitty wired controller for driving games, cheap enough and comfy to use.
>>
>>15797
But why would you play fighting games without a stick?

They're the same price as a controller, so why wouldn't you just get one?
>>
>>15827
>game changer
PS3 and PS4 controllers use standard USB cables.

It's just Xbox that has lagged behind with funky connectors. (though the Bluetooth headset was microUSB).
>>
xbox dpad makes me want to scream. I played crash bandicoot 1 using that since there's no other movement option and died many times from it not going where I wanted it to.

Native support is excellent though.

I'll be getting a xbone controller in the future.
>>
I'm mainly a KB/M user so I don't have much experience with controllers, but the best I've used is the 360 controller, it's native on most games and really comfy. It still doesn't beat keyboard and mouse for games that are well done.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.