[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
anime recommendation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: 3346568-ryukomatoi.png (464 KB, 389x640) Image search: [Google]
3346568-ryukomatoi.png
464 KB, 389x640
hello I'm looking for anime with theme of spirituality
martial arts, meditation, zen, kung fu, yoga, inner peace, will, monks ...anything related really
preferably something with action
I'm kind of new to anime
>>
Anime with these tags wont get you much excited for anime in general. If you want anime which you dont quite understand until you finish it and think about it, try serial experiments:lain.
If you want action, try Psychopass. Some people also like steins:gate, one of the best imo, some say its trash. My advice is to watch every “notorious“ one like Shingeki no Kyojin etc. Avoid harems.
>>
>>156814
blood c
>>
>>156818
It's nearly a year since I started watching anime, I watch it super causally tho
what I already saw from best to worst, for reference:

klk
log horizon
gurren lagan
opm
overlord
GATE: Jieitai Kanochi nite, Kaku Tatakaeri something
snk
k-on!
sao
kanaberi of the iron fortress
>>
>>156825
Oh i forgot, also take a look at Black lagoon, its older but youll either love it or discard it after first few episodes.
>>
>>156822
thanks, will check it out
>>156818
>>156825
should've said
overlord = snk
and put it above GATE
anyways do you know any interesting ones with those tags, I would appreciate that
>>
>>156827
>Black lagoon
I think I saw the first episode, I don't know why I haven't watched the rest, but I might give it another shot
>>
>>156825
Watch something more story based like Psycho-Pass, Madoka Magica, Kara no Kyoukai or Monster
>>
oldfag here with lower middle tier of experience with 450+ watched shows

try the following bruh

chikyuu shoujo arjuna
shigurui
katanagatari
sword of the stranger
rurouni kenshin: tsuiokuhen
>>
>>156847
thanks a lot, thinks looks like what I was looking for
I like the first one, transcending your self is spirituality in a nutshell
>>
>>156852
oh, and i assume you've already watched ghost in the shell, right.
>>
>>156863
nop, only what I listed
but I guess I'm adding it to my list
>>
>>156865
i didn't see your list. in that case, do add mushishi too. mushishi is a perennial top 5 and fits the bill so neatly i assumed you already watched it.

arjuna comes with the added bonus of having one of the very best anime soundtracks ever.

consider tsuiokuhen, it's only 4 OVAs and heavier on the fighting, but with an intensely introspective mood.

ghost in the shell (no 2.0, maybe innocence later) will be the best thing off my recommendation list for you.
>>
File: 1459843064649.jpg (26 KB, 300x265) Image search: [Google]
1459843064649.jpg
26 KB, 300x265
>>156866
thank you wise oldfag
>>
>>156814
not "technically" anime but watch avatar the last airbender
that shit is 100% god tier imo and includes everything you want
dont watch the legend of korra though because it just smears shit on the name of the series
>>
File: 1465863028490.png (7 KB, 377x330) Image search: [Google]
1465863028490.png
7 KB, 377x330
>>156871
lel, I actually finished the second of LoK recently but I only saw few (like 2-3) episodes of the original avatar and that was long time ago when I was a kid
I basically started it watching by a chance without knowing anything about it, completely and in vacuum
now I don't know if I should watch the original before finishing it
>>
>>156878
huh same with me
enjoyed it a lot as a kid and decided to revisit it after i got bored and found a torrent of it online

and holy fuck did i hit a whole new level of feels i didn't think was even possible for a tv show i watched as a kid
10/10 imo

also LoK is like 5/10 and the only reason i give it even that is because the last 2 seasons saved it, it is basically no where near as good as avatar the last airbender
>>
>>156814
Folktales From Japan

It's made for kids and the show consists of a lot of stills slowly scanning across the screen while someone tells a story and abstract art but it's a great show regardless. A good half of the episodes are about monks and anoverall theme of many episodes is doing good for its own sake is more important than rewards.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/folktales-from-japan

in before ewwwww, Crunchroll. There's really no better way to watch it.
>>
File: folktales_from_japan.jpg (542 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
folktales_from_japan.jpg
542 KB, 1920x1080
>>156912
Forgot my picture.
>>
>>156912
op here
I don't know what's crunchyroll but I literally just searched it at horriblesubs and they have it in 1080p so where's the problem
>>
>>156915
>where's the problem
not him but ads, and im pretty sure the only way to watch anything above 480p there is through a subscription. Use kissanime, you literally cannot go wrong.
>>
>>157206
HorribleSubs does not have ads in their uploads nigger and you can download 1080p for free if you feel like it

also he isn't using crunchyroll
>>
File: 1462072477766.jpg (340 KB, 787x661) Image search: [Google]
1462072477766.jpg
340 KB, 787x661
>>157206
>Use kissanime, you literally cannot go wrong.
fuck the fuck off you shill
>>
>>157206
>HorribleSubs
>ads
>Use kissanime, you literally cannot go wrong.
Damn, you're a dumb nigger.
>>
>>157206
Are you a retard?
>>
Should I watch the sub or dub of GitS/Black Lagoon?
>>
>>157206
You realize Kissanime literally just uploads Horriblesubs' rip of CrunchyRoll/Funimation/Hulu/whatever right? Let me spell this out for your retarded ass: anime episode premiers subbed on Crunchyroll, within an hour or so it gets ripped by Horriblesubs' bot and uploaded to their website, IRC server, and eventually to Nyaa's tracker. Next, Kissanime's scraper downloads Horriblesubs' rip from one of these sources and then uploads it to their website, complete with watermark and strained bitrate.

Kissanime is literally just a stream-rip that has been re-uploaded for streaming at lower quality. You dumb nigger.
>>
>>157509
GitS sub
Black Lagoon dub
>>
>>156814
Kara no Kyoukai is pretty good. Its 7 movies.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.