[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im looking for anime but it must be somthing serious. by that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: u done fucked up.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
u done fucked up.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
Im looking for anime but it must be somthing serious. by that i mean no random schoolgirls no cute little girls fighting demons. stuf like hellsting berserk and tokyo ghoul. i want to feel grossed out by gore or cry at a death. nudity is not required but i liked the way elfen lied did that. also try to avoid things with guns. i really liked darker than black as well.
thanks.
>>
4chan is an 18+ site, kid
>>
berserk , ninja scroll and claymore
>>
>>156645
Devilman, genocyber
>>
I think blood+/blood-c might fit your bill, although the main character is a school girl, she's an edgy vampire or something like that.
Mouryou no Hako is extremely dark but it's probably too slow for your taste.
You might also like the currently running show 91 days.
>>
Re:zero has some great deaths/gore, but it sometimes has the random moe shit
Blood C was way too boring
>>
>>156640
>hellsing
>serious
Pick one

But watch Kara no Kyoukai. It has a lot of gore, one scene with nudity and complicated charecters and storylines
>>
>>156640
If you're looking for serious storylines i'd recommend the following:
Fate/zero
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
Fate/stay night
if you are looking for action animes with some fun parts i have a few more i could add, or i could just link my MAL profile, but i feel like that never ends well for anyone
>>
File: v&.jpg (94 KB, 1059x716) Image search: [Google]
v&.jpg
94 KB, 1059x716
Since /a/ is off limits, I guess I ask here?
I have to say, I disliked Hellsing, after the initial episodes. It gets waaaay over the top, in a very anime way.
I don't necessarily need realism, just something that I can suspend my disbelief about. Something that seems reasonable in the world and rules it sets for itself.
>>
>>157058
No offense but I don't understand why you want to watch anime if you apparently dislike it so much.
>>
>>157058
You might like gundam thunderbolt, or Big O.
>>
>>157065
Because there is so much of it, and on a technical level it seems good.
Surely there is anime that doesn't have the hyper active friendly winking fan-service female character, the closeup of goofy faces whenever a reveal is made, the 2 minute exposition of why what is about to happen is awesome before something awesome happens and so on.

Basically an anime without the typical anime tropes, that exists, right?
Like Berserk without the speech that one recurring fat guy has about his family tradition, and without the enemy goons commenting on how tough Guts is multiple times per episode.

>>157069
I'll have a look at these. Downloading Steins Gate right now, and I'll be going to sleep. I'll this thread tomorrow for any other responses, and thanks in advance.
>>
>>157072
>Surely there is anime that doesn't have the hyper active friendly winking fan-service female character, the closeup of goofy faces whenever a reveal is made, the 2 minute exposition of why what is about to happen is awesome before something awesome happens and so on.
There are tons without that but are still super japanese and with tons of tropes and reoccurring themes, hell I wouldn't recommend steins:gate to anyone looking for a "western anime" because it's super fucking japanese as well.
>>
>serious anime, no kiddie shit
I almost thought this was the same thread from a few days ago.
>>
>>157121
No you're just realizing how cookiecutter the opinions of casuals are.
>>
>>157072
>and on a technical level it seems good
Then just watch clips of sakuga animation since that appears to be what you're interested in. The cliches and tropes are just part of anime. I don't mean that on a philosophical level or whatever, I mean it literally. If you look at anime as a whole, the cliches and tropes you hate are ubiquitous. Defining anime per observation, it is clearly a medium built on cliches. You either accept that or you find another hobby.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.