[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain Muv-Luv to me? I don't want to read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: muv-luv.png (378 KB, 555x282) Image search: [Google]
muv-luv.png
378 KB, 555x282
Can someone explain Muv-Luv to me? I don't want to read stuff from google or Wikipedia for spoilers but I don't know what I'm getting into if I buy the VN.

I know it starts out as a typical high school romance VN, yes? Then there's an alternate reality version with giant mecha or something? Or was there mecha in the original? The one on Steam is the original normal typical high school romance that's passable? I think while the mecha version is the highly rated version everyone goes apeshit over.

I've put it off for 10 years and I think it's time I bite the bullet.
>>
>>156604
Once you finish the first one, it unlocks a new-game-plus that has the giant robots in it.

For decades the VNfags on /a/ were proclaiming muvluv the greatest work of art that humanity produced, but then it got a chinese cartoon, and they were forced to admit that the cartoon was pretty representative, and that muvluv was in fact a bit shit.

Turns out the giant robots appearing out of fucking nowhere when you thought you were going to see an extra was pretty-much all it had going for it.

You're probably not in the best position to enjoy muvluv, because its mami-twist is the entirety of what makes it good, and you already know that it's going to happen. I guess if you like VNs you'll like it too.
>>
>>156604
Muv-luv Extra is a shitty high school romance VN. Finishing Meiya Route and Sumika Route unlocks Muv-luv Unlimited wich is an alternate world with mecha and aliens. It's a lot more interesting that Extra, but shit never really gets real in this part. Then there's Muv-luv Alternative, which is a lot longer than the other two parts combined, which takes place in the Unlimited world, but with a lot more shit getting real.

>>156797
Muv-luv itself never got an anime. Only a shitty spinoff.

Anyway, the twists are far from what makes Muv-luv enjoyable. Read yourself and decide what you think. Personally I found myself getting really emotional at the events after spending so much time in the main character's shoes.
>>
>>156797
Ahh, ok. Well I like VNs like Shuffle! Da Capo, and Galaxy Angel so I'll probably like the first part 1000x more than the unlocked scenario. I'm not much into all the serious business drama /a/ and /jp/ like so I've avoided Muv-Luv for all this time.

I think I'll get it anyway. Can't hurt.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.